Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backup QB $hit show
I didn't dislike the 3rd flyer on Mond ad had been advocating for way more swigs at QB in higher rounds for years.  Can't hit if you don't swing at the most important position.  I was strongly advocating for a few spot move up for Fields but whatever I was very happy with getting Darrisaw later.  Not enamored by the Ingram or the smallish LB'er picks but again whatever it is a pure crapshoot in rounds 3 and beyond where the odds fall into single digits of finding a starter.

Good reports on another potential late round gem found by Spelly in WR - KJ Osborn - 2020 5th rounder who might be our starting 3rd WR.  

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Yeeeessshhh..

I was really hoping we'd start hearing positive things on Mond. 
Just remember, this is not a journalist. Rick Sosa is just a fan who's at camp. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
Yeeeessshhh..

I was really hoping we'd start hearing positive things on Mond. 
Just remember, this is not a journalist. Rick Sosa is just a fan who's at camp. 
Exactly. I will wait and see how things go for Mond but we already know Mannion sucks.

In related news, Vikings worked out QB Kevin Hogan. Was with KOC and Cousins in DC in '18. Borderline QB2/3. Probably just a favor between old friends, but if they do sign him, it's probably not good news for one of Mannion or Mond. 

Please. Can we get real finally? Mond isn't the answer at #2 and neither is Mannion. Jesus Christ.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Please. Can we get real finally? Mond isn't the answer at #2 and neither is Mannion. Jesus Christ.
Kind of the same sentiment about Osborn last year heading into his 2nd year.  Then he made some plays in training camp and emerged as a legit option in the passing game.

We're like what...  5 days into Training Camp?  Let's pump the brakes on the Mond hate and see if he shows anything in Training Camp and preseason before we kick him to the proverbial curb.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@StickyBun said:
Kind of the same sentiment about Osborn last year heading into his 2nd year.  Then he made some plays in training camp and emerged as a legit option in the passing game.

We're like what...  5 days into Training Camp?  Let's pump the brakes on the Mond hate and see if he shows anything in Training Camp and preseason before we kick him to the proverbial curb.
We're not going to see the #1's maybe at all in a pre-season game...so we'll definitely all get to see Mr Mond, James Mond. 

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@StickyBun said:

Agree...draft season had many talking like we desperately needed a WR3, as if KJO wasn't one of the best WR3s in the league last year. He's reportedly been the star of camp again this year. 

Mond is a long shot, always has been, and he's still got a long way to go (due mostly to missing camp last year), but still, it's too early to write his eulogy as QB2. 

I will say this though....if Mond can't take over at QB2 over the next few weeks, Vikings need to seriously consider trading for a capable backup who can at least manage a game. 

From the tweets I’m seeing, it seems like it’s mostly been Kirk and Mond passing the ball at training camp. Are the rest of you seeing the same? Is Mannion hurt right now or have they fully demoted him to player-coach-who-can’t-actually-play status?

I’d be very, very fine with not having to watch Mannion on Sunday afternoon.