Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings show interest in free agent DT Ndamukong Suh
We are pretty thin at the position. Probably the biggest sell for me is he’s available. He doesn’t miss games and that has some value. After a slump of a season, I wouldn’t offer him too much. I’d be shocked if he’d take anywhere near minimum. I’d be at 1 year/$3 million. He probably won’t take it. He made $9 million per the past couple of years and my guess is likely holding out for something similar. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
Not a POS at all, bring him in! Was a great player in his prime, I gotta think he’s still at least a good one. 
dont confuse a good person with a good player.... there have been lots of good/great players in the NFL that were pieces of shit,  Suhs list of transgressions puts him solidly in that category.

my problem with a signing like this... are we really a contender this year?   I think if we all dig down deep and look at it,  odds are long that this team is ready to make a deep playoff run this year.  so why dick around with what are likely 1 year rental players,  especially ones that will contribute very little?  I would rather that roster spot be used on a young up and comer or another player that would be more likely to make a larger contribution or sign a longer term deal.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
my problem with a signing like this... are we really a contender this year?  
Hard to say, but you can't say the team isn't for sure considering how many games Minnesota led last season. Epic defensive meltdowns killed the team. Unprecedented. So.....who knows?

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Hard to say, but you can't say the team isn't for sure considering how many games Minnesota led last season. Epic defensive meltdowns killed the team. Unprecedented. So.....who knows?
if you think we are a contender... then I understand getting on board with a signing like this.  I dont see us as being that ready in a new system that at times sound more like 3D chess to even our veteran players.  Not to mention the transition to a new D for most of our veteran 43 guys.

@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
if you think we are a contender... then I understand getting on board with a signing like this.  I dont see us as being that ready in a new system that at times sound more like 3D chess to even our veteran players.  Not to mention the transition to a new D for most of our veteran 43 guys.
Yep, I can see that happening as well. No doubt. But I think there's talent on this team. I really don't know what will happen in this upcoming season.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Yep, I can see that happening as well. No doubt. But I think there's talent on this team. I really don't know what will happen in this upcoming season.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...f=1&nofb=1]

@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Of course we're a contender, but I don't think this has anything to do with that. Suh is 35 years old with rapidly declining PFF grades the last few years. We can use his 3-4 experiencem and we can certainly use some inside pass rush help and depth along the front, but this isn't one of those tighten the belt, call the bank, "all-in" type moves. If he signs for more than $5M per I'll be surprised. 

I think our teams plan is pretty clear.  We’re going to try and make a run this year
with the talent we got, use it as a learning year to figure out what we
actually have on the roster and how it fits in our schemes, and probably most
importantly determine if Cousins is the guy they want to roll with, and then
figure out how much of a rebuild we need going forward.  I’m a little bit skeptical that we’re legit SB
contenders, but I think that last year with a little more luck we should have
been in the playoffs, and I think the same this year.

Quote: @medaille said:
I think our teams plan is pretty clear.  We’re going to try and make a run this year
with the talent we got, use it as a learning year to figure out what we
actually have on the roster and how it fits in our schemes, and probably most
importantly determine if Cousins is the guy they want to roll with, and then
figure out how much of a rebuild we need going forward.  I’m a little bit skeptical that we’re legit SB
contenders, but I think that last year with a little more luck we should have
been in the playoffs, and I think the same this year.
Yea, we are following the broken record approach of let's give KC another year and see what we got!  Then next year when he has good stats and we finish 9-7 then we can go into that offseason with the we have so much talent on the roster and are a key FA and good draft away from being true SB contenders.  

The more things changed this offseason the more they have stayed the same.

The only thing that gives me any hope for a 10 win season is how our schedule seems to favor a team that needs to build/learn on the fly with probably around 8-10 new starters.  Of course it is the build up towards the end of the season that indicates if you are any threat in the playoff's.  I think this looks like a 8-10 win team talent and coaching wise.  I guess I am going with the 8-10 new starters which results in a 8-10 win team Smile