Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: LeBron James a billionaire
Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@StickyBun said:
@JR44 said:
He would battle Erin for my least favorite athlete spot.  Possibly the biggest whiner I have ever seen in sports, I live in LA and he makes the Lakers unwatchable, then again most of the NBA is pretty much the same.  I tried to watch the game 7 on Sunday and just couldn't do it, the league really needs to curtail all of the crying for a foul on every play, not to mention does anyone know what a travel is these days  =)
Agreed. The flopping in the NBA is a joke. LeBron is constantly begging the refs for calls. Its an unwatchable league. 
LeBron has a body built for the 80's-90's version of the NBA, where posting up, and playing around the hoop was a gladiator game. If he's crying now, I'd like to see LeBron go against those Detroit/Chicago/Boston teams, or go against Karl Malone.

The NBA today is a carnival game.
[Image: 3zohl41ajxn2.jpg] 
How do you think LeBron would deal with Rick Mahorn up in his shit?? lol. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@StickyBun said:
@JR44 said:
He would battle Erin for my least favorite athlete spot.  Possibly the biggest whiner I have ever seen in sports, I live in LA and he makes the Lakers unwatchable, then again most of the NBA is pretty much the same.  I tried to watch the game 7 on Sunday and just couldn't do it, the league really needs to curtail all of the crying for a foul on every play, not to mention does anyone know what a travel is these days  =)
Agreed. The flopping in the NBA is a joke. LeBron is constantly begging the refs for calls. Its an unwatchable league. 
LeBron has a body built for the 80's-90's version of the NBA, where posting up, and playing around the hoop was a gladiator game. If he's crying now, I'd like to see LeBron go against those Detroit/Chicago/Boston teams, or go against Karl Malone.

what you said above is spot on,  lebron is a pussy and would have never made it a game back when the game was made great.  also what you said about how much the game has changed is why I will say Jordan over Kobe every day and twice on Sunday.  ( even though I think there is an argument for others that came before Jordan as well based on the way the game was played )
Jordan has to be right up there at the top but I would also take Bird and Magic over Kobe anyday.  Magic could play every position on the floor and nobody passed the ball better than he did.  Lebron trying to drive the lane with Bill Laimbeer under the hoop, yea don't think so.

Quote: @Greylock said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@StickyBun said:
@JR44 said:

what you said above is spot on,  lebron is a pussy and would have never made it a game back when the game was made great.  also what you said about how much the game has changed is why I will say Jordan over Kobe every day and twice on Sunday.  ( even though I think there is an argument for others that came before Jordan as well based on the way the game was played )
Jordan has to be right up there at the top but I would also take Bird and Magic over Kobe anyday.  Magic could play every position on the floor and nobody passed the ball better than he did.  Lebron trying to drive the lane with Bill Laimbeer under the hoop, yea don't think so.
Thats who i was thinking of too.  Hated the guys but he played like it like a LB.

Yes, the NBA has changed very drastically in the 25 years since the Bill Laimbeer, Bird, Jordan, Magic days.

I stopped watching/following in the early 2000's when it became an all offense show.  Of course the average fan likes all offense in pretty much any sport look at the rule changes in the NFL.  

So, guys like James grew up in an era where the game was played and called drastically different and he has thrived on and off the court which is good to hear vs the usual Millionaire athlete going broke, love boats, camel rides, drugs, drink, women and car crashes etc..

It's like when you list some of the greatest LB's and you try and compare but you also see how each had to play the game differently - Butkus, Singletary and then Urlacher.  You ca see the transition from a pure hard-nosed, run stuffing brute to  the guy that can do that without the thump but can cover.  The game changes and so does the player skill sets.  I used the Bears LB'er because I looked up 25 best LB'ers of all time and the 3 of them were listed 3, 5, 14 in that order.   

Now LeBron get off my lawn!!

Props to Lebron. I’d like to have a billion dollars. TBH if in a thread of people who seemingly hate the guy, the best ammo they have is, “he’s not Mike”, and, “the NBA is soft,” then he’s doing a helluva lot more right than wrong. 

Lebron would have hung with the greats of any era and denying is just hating.  Rumor has it, he spends over one mill per offseason to stay in shape and better his game.  That kind of dedication gets results.  As to the whining that is the evolution of the game and he has adapted to what the nba rewards-good for him.  As a rook they let teams bang on him 

I knew when the news came out about LeBron being a billionaire that it was going to generate a lot of comments from certain people and I knew a lot of those people are Vikings fans. I suspect that if the news had been that Bird had become a billionaire . . . there would be no problem. If only he would just "shut up and dribble."

I personally love Lebron's game--Good for him.

If people don't think Jordan got calls maybe they need to go back and watch some of those games.  and Jordan was a hell of  a player also.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@StickyBun said:
@JR44 said:

Quote: @PurplePastor said:
White supremacy has really held him back.
And you're a pastor?

Just getting my usual reminder why I quit church decades ago ...