Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings week two: Monday night in Philly
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
This is week 2, correct? Don't they open the week prior at home against the Giants?
Yep, read that wrong. You're right, it's week two. I guess the rumor is that the Vikings open at home against the G-Men? Still, HATE Monday night games. And super hate the 2nd game. 
isnt the monday night double header just for week one?  if this is week 2 wouldnt that just be a normal start time?
Not sure what's going on week 1, but this is definitely week 2. And it's definitely the 2nd game. What's weird is that the first game starts at 6:15 Central and the Viking game starts at 7:30 Central. So there will be two games going on at once. Not sure they've done that before. But I'm sure there have been many complaints about how late that 2nd game of a doubleheader starts if they schedule them 3 hours apart....especially on the east coast. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"minny65" said:
@"Skodin" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
So sounds like we have 3 of the first 4 games. 

Sunday, Sept. 11th - Giants @ Vikings (rumored)
Monday, Sept. 19th - Vikings @ Philly
Sunday, Sept 25th - ??? (likely a home game)
Sunday, Oct. 2nd - Vikings @ Saints in London
I mean that looks like we could and should be favored in 3 out of the first 4.  Good way to start a season if we could get to 3-1 out of the gate with two (Philly and NO) road games off the list
("On paper" disclaimer or if a draft thread comment "wait 3 years" disclaimer)

We look to have a favorable schedule this year for once!  I would think the 9/25 home game would be a divisional game so likely Bears/Lions??  That would be a nice schedule to get acclimated to a new HC/OC and 3-4 defense scheme.  

You and I both know the Bears @ Vikings will be the regular season ender @ USB. 

Why break with tradition? B) 
Hopefully we will be breaking with tradition and needing the game to matter as opposed to just draft positioning Smile

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
This is week 2, correct? Don't they open the week prior at home against the Giants?
Yep, read that wrong. You're right, it's week two. I guess the rumor is that the Vikings open at home against the G-Men? Still, HATE Monday night games. And super hate the 2nd game. 
isnt the monday night double header just for week one?  if this is week 2 wouldnt that just be a normal start time?
Not sure what's going on week 1, but this is definitely week 2. And it's definitely the 2nd game. What's weird is that the first game starts at 6:15 Central and the Viking game starts at 7:30 Central. So there will be two games going on at once. Not sure they've done that before. But I'm sure there have been many complaints about how late that 2nd game of a doubleheader starts if they schedule them 3 hours apart....especially on the east coast. 
yeah i see that now too,  oh well as long as its a normal start time for us.  If it were up to me every game would be a noon sunday start time.  I really dont like the prime time games either on tv or in person.

I always look to see which away game outside is the last. Gotta love the Green Bay games in January at Lambeau. Ridiculous. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
yeah i see that now too,  oh well as long as its a normal start time for us.  If it were up to me every game would be a noon sunday start time.  I really dont like the prime time games either on tv or in person.
Can't imagine why?
*shudders remembering Christmas vs Kamara... Halloween vs Cooper Rush... list goes on*

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Can't imagine why?
*shudders remembering Christmas vs Kamara... Halloween vs Cooper Rush... list goes on*
Thanks, I was in a good mood Smile