Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Akayleb Evans, CB, Missouri
Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
We now have two picks in the 5th round, two picks in the 6th round, and a 7th round pick. For a guy talking a big game about the lunacy of adding a gaggle of late round picks...he looks like he's utilizing the prior regimes playbook to a tee. 
How so? We started the day with three 6th rounders, used one to move up in the 4th for a player we liked. What am I missing? 

Its been a weird draft this year with the trades, especially to division rivals.  Seems some are still upset with the choice of our GM and finding a reason to still rip him based on this draft.  Reading through some of the draft threads every player not picked by the Vikings is going to be an instant starter and/or pro bowl player but yet every player the Vikings have picked is a scrub, has injury issues, or just plain was a reach.  Maybe that is all true but why not let the players they picked prove it on the field.

Sure, we all have to wait and see on the players...but it's perfectly reasonable to rate the strategy, draft compensation, and if it was wise to trade within the division to allow rivals to move WAY THE FUCK UP to draft playmaker's they both badly needed. I don't like anything about the way the new whiz kid has navigated this

Sure, we all have to wait and see on the players...but it's perfectly reasonable to rate the strategy, draft compensation, and if it was wise to trade within the division to allow rivals to move WAY THE FUCK UP to draft playmaker's they both badly needed. I don't like anything about the way the new whiz kid has navigated this
Draft playmakers?  A speed receiver recovering from a torn ACL, not good for a guy that depends on his speed.  And a receiver with a reputation for dropped passes that played in a lower conference in college.  What will he do against tougher competition?

Quote: @"Greylock" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
Draft playmakers?  A speed receiver recovering from a torn ACL, not good for a guy that depends on his speed.  And a receiver with a reputation for dropped passes that played in a lower conference in college.  What will he do against tougher competition?

Yup, Williams was the consensus top WR in this draft before the injury and is ahead of schedule in his recovery. All indications are that he will make a full recovery and he is a special talent. Watson fits the profile of what the Packers wanted perfectly. Davonte Adams was also a guy who had problems with drops coming into the league and in his first year and he is fine now. I believe Williams and Watson are both going to be problems for the Vikings and Kwesi made it happen. 

We now have two picks in the 5th round, two picks in the 6th round, and a 7th round pick. For a guy talking a big game about the lunacy of adding a gaggle of late round picks...he looks like he's utilizing the prior regimes playbook to a tee. 
THIS

4 days ago Kwesi commented on watching a guy late at night and hoping hes there in the later rounds. That guy was Evans and based on his Relative Athletic Score I can see why. He got his guy

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
4 days ago Kwesi commented on watching a guy late at night and hoping hes there in the later rounds. That guy was Evans and based on his Relative Athletic Score I can see why. He got his guy
He is athletic and long, but he's got Kenny Pickett sized hands and only 1 career interception...  there were other CBs I would have preferred there, but hopefully he pans out.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
He is athletic and long, but he's got Kenny Pickett sized hands and only 1 career interception...  there were other CBs I would have preferred there, but hopefully he pans out.
Honestly Wet, the single INT concerns me as well. You know damn well he's had opportunities for picks he's dropped. 

Quote: @"Greylock" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
12th overall pick for a player that likely won't contribute in 2022 is pretty batshit IMO. Sure, his timeline for recovery is probably September or October, but that certainly won't be when he'll have full speed and confidence in that knee. That will take another few months. He's a redshirt IMO. 

I liked Watson as a middle round shot on HWS. But I think they'll regret taking him over George Pickens.