Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's a Cine
Quote: @pattersaur said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
Cine's a stud and will be a very good player. The trade itself still questions me...don't think we wont the pick battle
We didn't. By dropping from 12 to freaking 32, you should be getting the moon in return. That the cost of doing so for the Lions was a mere 3rd rounder and a 2nd round DOWNGRADE still has me scratching my head. More infuriating is that the Lions have two 1st rounders next year. 
Yep. I like Cine. I’ll like Booth at 34. 

But the trade is not really “up for debate”. The Lions made out like bandits.

Without knowing anything, it feels like KAM was dead set on moving back once the top 2 CBs went early and he wound up taking whatever he could get rather than taking the layup and drafting Williams/Davis/Hamilton. 

More infuriating was KAM said in his presser the offer was “too good to pass up”. No, it really wasn’t.

Hopefully tonight goes better but I keep coming back to the fact that, RS could have done this. Thus far if I didn’t know any better I’d think Rick retired and KAM was his protege. It’s bizarre. 
Agreed. I realized last night that just because I am the world's greatest Mock Draft GM and was able to get several trade downs with great returns doesn't mean it was going to happen this year. Perhaps returns weren't as great in the first round because of the crappy QB options. Those trade scenarios are based on draft history so they aren't baseless, but this draft is different where almost all of the top QB's are still available.

Lost the trade, but we may end up winning the trade if our players pan out. Time will tell

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@AGRforever said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
Cine's a stud and will be a very good player. The trade itself still questions me...don't think we wont the pick battle
Questions you?  We got absolutely bent over a barrel and F’ed without lube. 

I have no earthly idea why we gave up our 2nd. That big of a move should have netted us their 32 and 34 without giving up 46

Trying to bring a little optimism to our Friday. I am more pleased about it knowing we got Cine. If we picked a higher risk player I'd be a lot more annoyed. Maybe Seattle will want to trade up to 34 to take a QB and we get 40 and 72 in return? While the trade yesterday sucks, having 4 picks in the first 77 was something I had hoped for all along
I hope Viking Nation's mood doesn't discourage another trade down. A lot of good talent in this draft between 33 and 77. 
If Viking Nation's mood discourages KAM from another trade down, then KAM deserves to be sitting with Viking Nation.

All the hand wringing and teeth gnashing aside, has everyone checked out some of Cine’s interviews? This is a well-spoken, confident, intelligent player we picked. He is also a mature young man. I can honesty say that though the trade compensation isn’t what we all feel it should have been, I am certainly excited about the pick itself after familiarizing myself with Cine. Now, let’s go get our CB.

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@AGRforever said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
Questions you?  We got absolutely bent over a barrel and F’ed without lube. 

I have no earthly idea why we gave up our 2nd. That big of a move should have netted us their 32 and 34 without giving up 46

Trying to bring a little optimism to our Friday. I am more pleased about it knowing we got Cine. If we picked a higher risk player I'd be a lot more annoyed. Maybe Seattle will want to trade up to 34 to take a QB and we get 40 and 72 in return? While the trade yesterday sucks, having 4 picks in the first 77 was something I had hoped for all along
I hope Viking Nation's mood doesn't discourage another trade down. A lot of good talent in this draft between 33 and 77. 
If Viking Nation's mood discourages KAM from another trade down, then KAM deserves to be sitting with Viking Nation.
Agree. I was going to add that bit.

I want to know what the plan is for Cine. Are we starting him next to Smith this year? Bynum back to corner? 

Quote: @prairieghost said:
All the hand wringing and teeth gnashing aside, has everyone checked out some of Cine’s interviews? This is a well-spoken, confident, intelligent player we picked. He is also a mature young man. I can honesty say that though the trade compensation isn’t what we all feel it should have been, I am certainly excited about the pick itself after familiarizing myself with Cine. Now, let’s go get our CB.
Hits like a truck too. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@prairieghost said:
Hits like a truck too. 

And in that way he reminds me of Harrison. I expect he may get a flag or two, (or so, lol) but I don’t think he’s undisciplined necessarily and not dirty ala a Vontaze Burfict. He’s going to spice up our D, no doubt about it.

If you're a GM sitting at 32, and the only cost to jump to 12 for an elite player sitting in your division rivals draft slot ... and all they want is just a 3rd round pick, and you swap picks in R2 but are still picking 12th at R2 ...

You jump for fucking joy at the sucker who takes that deal.  I want next year's 1st or this year's 34 free and clear or fuck off I'll stay at 12 with Jameson Williams, Hamilton and Jordan Davis still on board.

I do like the Cine pick itself at 32, but how we got there and what we got in return was horse shit.  And I had LIKED his GM moves prior to this.  

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
If you're a GM sitting at 32, and the only cost to jump to 12 for an elite player sitting in your division rivals draft slot ... and all they want is just a 3rd round pick, and you swap picks in R2 but are still picking 12th at R2 ...

You jump for fucking joy at the sucker who takes that deal.  I want next year's 1st or this year's 34 free and clear or fuck off I'll stay at 12 with Jameson Williams, Hamilton and Jordan Davis still on board.

I do like the Cine pick itself at 32, but how we got there and what we got in return was horse shit.  And I had LIKED his GM moves prior to this.  

First, we don't know if that was what Minnesota was asking for?  For all we know, Detroit's offer was the only one on the table at the time.  Either Minnesota picks or moves down...

I would never believe you could move from 32 to 12 for so little in return. I'm not going to complain about it yet. I think what will make or break this trade and draft is the next pick. I like Cine so if they get another solid or gifted starter next, I won't be as concerned about the trade compensation.