Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikes Sign G Chris Reed
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"dadevike" said:
But can he play Center? Just asking for a friend.
Wyatt Davis can….
And maybe that's the plan. He took some snaps at center last year. Now the Vikings have Jesse Davis, Wyatt Davis and Chris Reed all competing for the RG position. It's possible Wyatt is a bust. It's also possible they want him at center. 
Agreed. Just read that Reed can play center, not sure if that’s the intent. Hopefully we see Wyatt at guard and center in the preseason enough to determine where he’s best suited. Maybe he is a bust, wouldn’t know cuz of….ya know

Who?

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
good depth signing. 
I think this will be more than a depth signing.

@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"dadevike" said:
Wyatt Davis can….
 It's possible Wyatt is a bust.
Possible? I know this is only year 2 for him but unfortunately it’s not only possible but probable that the dude is a stone cole bust. Hopefully everything clicks but until TC reports say he’s a different player than there’s not any substantial reason to think he’ll contribute. 

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"dadevike" said:
Wyatt Davis can….
 It's possible Wyatt is a bust.
Possible? I know this is only year 2 for him but unfortunately it’s not only possible but probable that the dude is a stone cole bust. Hopefully everything clicks but until TC reports say he’s a different player than there’s not any substantial reason to think he’ll contribute. 
Just his pedigree...the fact that he was a 2-time All American from one of the best programs in college football and a 3rd round draft pick.

Stone cold bust is a distinct possibility, but right now there's no reason to think that his problem was anything more than conditioning. 

I like this better than the Davis signing. I realize it's highlights, but his look much better than what we had last year. I also see he was listed as a C/G awhile back. Fans seemed happy to see Davis go, not so for Reed. Seems to be an upgrade for a reasonable price. Kwesi seems to be a decent bargain shopper with a light wallet!

Between Wyatt, Oli, Jesse Davis and Reed, somebody has to end up better than last year at RG.  

Replying to
What the fuck are the Colts doing!? Reed is a plug and forget player. Does his job. He doesn’t pop for negative plays. Solid. Good get Vikings.

What the F’ing F??
Super underrated. Minnesota has a plug-and-play guard you don't have to worry about. Was one of #Colts most consistent linemen last season.

Waiting on Terms, but very smart sign by #Vikings on Guard Chris Reed. Creates competing at both G spots. Great depth too. Perfect scheme fit. One of the more underrated FAs.

Reed was invaluable last year. Very disappointed Ballard let him get out of the building. I guess we need to add quality depth to OL at multiple positions to our roster holes list.

Waiting on Terms, but very smart sign by #Vikings on Guard Chris Reed. Creates competing at both G spots. Great depth too. Perfect scheme fit. One of the more underrated FAs.

Now that is something special Smile

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

Now that is something special Smile
Ha! I was going to comment that this was the part that didn't ring true to me. None of these guys are going to compete with Ezra. But I like your interpretation better. :-)