Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harrison Smith Restructuring Contract
Maybe it's just me, but Kwesi doesn't seem like a seat of his pants type of guy.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
How many teams have him off their board on the neck alone? Something similar to what Chicago got for Mack and I'm pulling the trigger. Let the acquiring team bring out the Brinks truck and hope he can stay on the field. Hunter is starting to give off the same bitch vibes as Diggs.
I haven't seen any tweets from Hunter's camp but I may have missed.  If we trade him then we will all rationalize why?  Sure as Shit the Front Office will put those innuendo's out.  The thing is we got good value for Diggs and his immaturity while I don't think we will get anywhere near value for Hunter (even with his history).  

Maybe it's just me, but Kwesi doesn't seem like a seat of his pants type of guy.
Maybe that's the wrong term. I'm just trying to be fair to him that there's been a lot going on over a short amount of time with the combine, FA, contracts, draft. And they got a later start since KOC was in the Super Bowl. But the Vikings are a billion dollar business and he's in charge now so he's got to figure it out.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
I don't know what the return will or should be, but this is a mess. Mostly the old guard's fault but Kwesi was hired to solve these dilemmas and this is yet another big one. He and the staff need to figure it out by either getting some value or smoothing things over with Danielle. Kwesi has almost certainly been flying by the seat of his pants with everything that's been happening since he was hired only recently, but this situation probably should have been resolved sooner if at all possible. If they're set on trading him then at this point hopefully some team offers a golden parachute.
Agree, no matter how this is resolved at this point I think the new regime is learning the hard way....we are now on a count down to make a decision and every team interested knows it.  

What do you mean by golden parachute....performance based compensation??

Quote: @minny65 said:
@pattersaur said:
I don't know what the return will or should be, but this is a mess. Mostly the old guard's fault but Kwesi was hired to solve these dilemmas and this is yet another big one. He and the staff need to figure it out by either getting some value or smoothing things over with Danielle. Kwesi has almost certainly been flying by the seat of his pants with everything that's been happening since he was hired only recently, but this situation probably should have been resolved sooner if at all possible. If they're set on trading him then at this point hopefully some team offers a golden parachute.
Agree, no matter how this is resolved at this point I think the new regime is learning the hard way....we are now on a count down to make a decision and every team interested knows it.  

What do you mean by golden parachute....performance based compensation??
I meant a fat package of picks in a trade but that's looking more and more unlikely. Jimmy's idea of performance-based picks might be the best we can hope for. Getting a chance at a 2023 first based on either playing time or performance would be great.

In some ways he is going to have to be. He inherited a mess and he has to clean it up as he goes. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
In some ways he is going to have to be. He inherited a mess and he has to clean it up as he goes. 
My guess is he's got multiple ideas for every scenario. Does unforseen stuff pop up, sure. But the large strokes, Cousins, Hunter, Smith, Thielen contracts? 

Plus he's got Grigson's perspective.

@Vikergirl said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
My guess is he's got multiple ideas for every scenario. Does unforseen stuff pop up, sure. But the large strokes, Cousins, Hunter, Smith, Thielen contracts? 

Plus he's got Grigson's perspective.
Certainly his personality is not fly by the seat of his pants. I do think Grigson will help. I just mean that he is going to have to be patient and flexible and that goes for the fanbase. There is a lot to unravel and that will take time. No one wants to hear that but it is the truth. He seems very regimented and structured. It's going to be an interesting evolution.

The Bears got a 2nd in 2022 and a 6th in 2023 and were also able to get out of 18 million hit this year and total 64 million.

Here's a look at the trade details: 
  • Chargers receive: Khalil Mack 
  • Bears receive: 2022 second-round pick and a 2023 sixth-rounder. 
  • Other notable parts of the deal: The Chargers will also be taking over the rest of Mack's contract, which has three years and $63.9 million left. That total includes a $17.75 million cap hit that the Chargers will have to take for the upcoming season.
Hunter is a 27 million cap hit this year and I think 7 next so 34 total we could get out off - plus more because that is what he is negotiating for.  
Hunter is 4 years younger as well at a position that doesn't age the best.

I personally would jump on a trade if we are talking a first rounder - doubtful but one can dream.  Maybe a month ago we could have been talking first rounder +.  Not anymore we are in a pickle. 

A 2nd and a 6th next year like Mack and alleviate all that CAP - would be fine as well even though it relieves less money then Bears were able but becuase Hunter is 4 years younger is a big deal.

If we end up getting anything but a late 2nd or 3rd we blew it!  

Quote: @minny65 said:
The Bears got a 2nd in 2022 and a 6th in 2023 and were also able to get out of 18 million hit this year and total 64 million.

Here's a look at the trade details: 
  • Chargers receive: Khalil Mack 
  • Bears receive: 2022 second-round pick and a 2023 sixth-rounder. 
  • Other notable parts of the deal: The Chargers will also be taking over the rest of Mack's contract, which has three years and $63.9 million left. That total includes a $17.75 million cap hit that the Chargers will have to take for the upcoming season.
Hunter is a 27 million cap hit this year and I think 7 next so 34 total we could get out off - plus more because that is what he is negotiating for.  
Hunter is 4 years younger as well at a position that doesn't age the best.

I personally would jump on a trade if we are talking a first rounder - doubtful but one can dream.  Maybe a month ago we could have been talking first rounder +.  Not anymore we are in a pickle. 

A 2nd and a 6th next year like Mack and alleviate all that CAP - would be fine as well even though it relieves less money then Bears were able but becuase Hunter is 4 years younger is a big deal.

If we end up getting anything but a late 2nd or 3rd we blew it!  
While I agree with this, he hasnt hardly played in 2 years. This will blow up in someones face. 

Either us for not getting enough or the partner for trading for an oft injured player.