Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giving up on the #1 overall pick in a Draft?
Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
Wait. Drafting a QB #1 overall didn't solve all of the Browns issues?

GTFO.
So instead, they "might" try and get the 12th pick of the 2017 draft - Watson.  Supposedly we dabbled with some interest and a ton of teams with and without a QB are/should be interested in Watson.  He would be an upgrade for about 25+ teams.  

Some Irony if the Browns pursue Watson:

"The Texans traded up to select Watson with the Browns #12 pick in the 2017 draft.  The Browns got Texans 1st round pick for 2018, which ended up being #1 and selected Mayfield:
"The Texans traded up in the draft to select Clemson’s Deshaun Watson with pick No. 12.
Houston dealt with the Browns to select Watson as their next franchise quarterback, after dealing Brock Osweiler to Cleveland earlier this year.
The Browns acquired pick No. 25 (selected Jabrill Peppers) and Houston’s 2018 first-rounder in the deal (ended up being #1 Mayfield). 

Be careful about saying he's an upgrade for that many teams as his career record is only 28-25, and 1-2 in the playoffs. As we know, this board uses record as it's main determining factor for QB's

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
@"minny65" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:

GTFO.
So instead, they "might" try and get the 12th pick of the 2017 draft - Watson.  Supposedly we dabbled with some interest and a ton of teams with and without a QB are/should be interested in Watson.  He would be an upgrade for about 25+ teams.  

"The Texans traded up to select Watson with the Browns #12 pick in the 2017 draft.  The Browns got Texans 1st round pick for 2018, which ended up being #1 and selected Mayfield:
"The Texans traded up in the draft to select Clemson’s Deshaun Watson with pick No. 12.
Houston dealt with the Browns to select Watson as their next franchise quarterback, after dealing Brock Osweiler to Cleveland earlier this year.
The Browns acquired pick No. 25 (selected Jabrill Peppers) and Houston’s 2018 first-rounder in the deal (ended up being #1 Mayfield). 

Be careful about saying he's an upgrade for that many teams as his career record is only 28-25, and 1-2 in the playoffs. As we know, this board uses record as it's main determining factor for QB's
Not me, but I think I see 1 or 2 posters using W/L as a big part of an argument to move away from Kirk.  All stats can be very deceiving and twisted for an argument.  There are QB's whose stats (including wins) benefitted from having great surround - Aikman, Bradshaw come to mind quickly.  Thier are also QB's who put up poor stats but still won (Dilfer mostly comes to mind and to a smaller degree Phil Simms).  Warren Moon comes to mind if you want to look at pure stats that were very good but was never really a winner.  I personally go by a combination of many things and a lot of watching NFL for 45+ years.

I have come to the conclusion that Kirk is not the answer for us or any team for a march to a SB.  

@"minny65" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:

GTFO.

I would say 10 years and 59-59-2 is a pretty fair assessment. 

Quote: @"Norse" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"minny65" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:

GTFO.

Using record to evaluate any player in the NFL, regardless of position, never creates a fair assessment. Team Game.

Fran Tarkenton went 56-73-4 during the first 10 years of his career. Finished with a 124-109-6 record. What was the difference? Much better TEAMS. Team Game.

@"Norse" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"minny65" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:

GTFO.

Using record to evaluate any player in the NFL, regardless of position, never creates a fair assessment. Team Game.

Fran Tarkenton went 56-73-4 during the first 10 years of his career. Finished with a 124-109-6 record. What was the difference? Much better TEAMS. Team Game.
I guess one can dream. :3 :3

To be honest, I thought when he went #1 overall that it was a huge wtf moment, not overly surprised myself…

Interesting note from
@mortreport on ESPN just now while talking Baker/Browns ("they're breaking up regardless" of Watson) -- they "want an adult at" QB.

"Jimmy Garoppolo is one I would not ignore for Cleveland."

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
Interesting note from
@mortreport on ESPN just now while talking Baker/Browns ("they're breaking up regardless" of Watson) -- they "want an adult at" QB.

not that Baker is a proven winner,  but can anybody remind me again how many firsts they spent on QBs in the last 20 years and how many playoffs games they went to in that time prior to Mayfield?   seems to me that they are kinda playing with fire over there.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
Interesting note from

not that Baker is a proven winner,  but can anybody remind me again how many firsts they spent on QBs in the last 20 years and how many playoffs games they went to in that time prior to Mayfield?   seems to me that they are kinda playing with fire over there.

Manziel
WeedenQuinn

To name a vomit inducing few.

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
Interesting note from

Manziel
WeedenQuinn

To name a vomit inducing few.
Want to know how you really F*ck up a franchise? 1st round picks from 2011-2016 they had 9...number of Pro Bowls or All Pros from those 9 picks? 0 for both.