Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rodgers Breaks The Bank
Very curious to see how much cap space this creates. Seems like they will tag Adams so they have their work cut out for them. Obvious players who will either be extended, restructured or cut are: ZaDarius, Preston, Jaire, and Cobb

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
Jordan Love could not be reached for comment.
The packer peeked at their cards last summer and decided to fold.

This just in from Wall Street, packer stock remains unchanged at $0.00 with zero trading.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Secretary in Eagan:  "Mr Adofo-Mensah...the Broncos are on line 1"
That would be my guess.  And I think you need to hear them out big time.   I don't like not having a QB, but how about taking a flyer on Trubisky and then do some maneuvering to fit in Willis, all while saving shitloads against the cap?   That's where my head is.

Quote: @Waterboy said:
@supafreak84 said:
That would be my guess.  And I think you need to hear them out big time.   I don't like not having a QB, but how about taking a flyer on Trubisky and then do some maneuvering to fit in Willis, all while saving shitloads against the cap?   That's where my head is.
Willis is extremely intriguing. Kirk or not I’d be fired up if the Vikings draft him. Sadly DEN picks before us so they could easily go that route instead of any trade. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@Waterboy said:
@supafreak84 said:
Willis is extremely intriguing. Kirk or not I’d be fired up if the Vikings draft him. Sadly DEN picks before us so they could easily go that route instead of any trade. 
I think they are built to win now, in fact I know they are, and Kirk Cousins will look much better to them than Willis given their collection of talent.

Quote: @Waterboy said:
@pattersaur said:
@Waterboy said:
@supafreak84 said:
I think they are built to win now, in fact I know they are, and Kirk Cousins will look much better to them than Willis given their collection of talent.
I think they are built to win now too. What hurts them is the division they play in but luckily you can get 3rd in your division and still make the playoffs. They have a lot of young and cheap talent, along with a lot of contracts that can be adjusted to create more space. They could easily add a high dollar QB and Von Miller and still be fine.

Can't blame GB for extending him. If he left, they would've had lesser QB play for the foreseeable future much like Minny w/ KC. Having said that, he'll be 39 by the time the 2022 season ends. His play is going to drop off one of these years. Hopefully it'll be this season.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
The #Packers and MVP QB Aaron Rodgers have agreed to terms on a 4-year, $200M deal that makes him the highest paid player in NFL history, sources say. He gets a whopping $153M guaranteed and his cap number goes down. A monstrous commitment by GB for years to come
Rodgers called McAfee last night to tell him he was coming back. McAfee appears to have broke the news prior to Rap.  And according to McAfee Rap's contract figures are inflated. Rap has a weekly segment on MacAfee's show so I cant imagine he would call Rap's figures out if Rodgers hadn't given him a sense of what was going on.