Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL halts Covid protocols
Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Has anybody not had covid yet? 

I got it a couple weeks ago, probably from the gym. But it knocked me on my ass for a good week or so. 
I got it back in August, when Delta was the predominant strain...That knocked me on my keister good too, lost smell/taste for a while too. Freakie S hit...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@supafreak84 said:

I got it a couple weeks ago, probably from the gym. But it knocked me on my ass for a good week or so. 
I got it back in August, when Delta was the predominant strain...That knocked me on my keister good too, lost smell/taste for a while too. Freakie S hit...

I had it mid January,  mild sore throat for a few days.  some chills for a day or two.  really had zero energy though, that was the strangest part for me was how whipped I was considering i otherwise felt pretty damn good.  If I had never heard of covid I wouldnt have missed work for what I had,  but I likely would have gotten my ass chewed for sleeping on the job.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@supafreak84 said:

I had it mid January,  mild sore throat for a few days.  some chills for a day or two.  really had zero energy though, that was the strangest part for me was how whipped I was considering i otherwise felt pretty damn good.  If I had never heard of covid I wouldnt have missed work for what I had,  but I likely would have gotten my ass chewed for sleeping on the job.

I lucked out and didn't get the awful cough or sore throat with it that I've heard a lot of others have. Mine was chills, body aches, headache, and just couldn't get comfortable to really rest which was the shittiest part. Probably was only really sick for a few days and gradually got better after that 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@medaille said:
I’m not sure we really learned anything of value from this
pandemic.  Our leadership dramatically
failed us.  Science failed us.  If we have another pandemic in 10-20 years, I
don’t think we’d do anything different. 
We’d just make the same mistakes again.
I agree with you except the science failed us part, IMO, the scientific community may have failed us.  the science is what it is,  its up to scientists and others in that community to look at it without corruption or bias and give that data regardless of who it might help or hinder.
Yeah, I would agree that it’s not science itself that failed
us or the scientific method, but I think it was pretty clear that most of the “science”
that was done had a preordained result that the studies were designed to
achieve.  I don’t think there’s much that
can be done to fix science until we separate it from the corporate financial
interests and their heavy lobbying efforts.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:

Our entire compound. 3 families/households on one farm.  We are still wearing masks.