Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING NEWS: Zimmer Didn't Like Cousins
Jay Gruden and Zimmer...and we're questioning the QB...lol

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
The lack of leadership displayed by Zimmer (and to some extent Spielman) over the last couple of seasons is alarming.  To a certain extent, this might be caused by ownership in NY.  With all that is leaking, I am not certain Zimmer will get another job.
I would be alarming if he was still here...

Now its just down-right a bummer. 

I may soften my stance over time, but right now?  I feel pretty harshly towards Zimmer. 

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
The lack of leadership displayed by Zimmer (and to some extent Spielman) over the last couple of seasons is alarming.  To a certain extent, this might be caused by ownership in NY.  With all that is leaking, I am not certain Zimmer will get another job.
Yea, as I predicted when it happened Zimmer is going to have a very difficult time getting another HC job.  I think Spelly will have a much easier time at the GM level.  

Going back to the OP - Zimmer did not like Cousins - I wanted Zimmer gone 3 years ago and I would prefer a way to move on without Cousins if we can get even a decent/fair trade.  

Essentially - I don't like either one of them and I said so all last season.  It was the first in 45 years of being a fan I did not like my teams HC and QB.  

More of an indictment of Zimmer than Cousins.....

Quote: @comet52 said:
@purplefaithful said:
Nobodyy is going to change their take on KC.

But imo a new system, new coach, new climate....

These are things that can take a very productive QB and make them that much better. It's highly intuitive to me that it can make a big, big difference.

Comparing KOC/KC in Washington to now is apples to oranges. 
I get that people want to rationalize why it will work--they need/want it to work.   Change stuff around and Kirk will be different!   I personally doubt it.  I think he will be the same Kirk he's always been.  
Well, if he'd produced the "same" yards/scores for the last 2 seasons with a functional defense, we'd likely have been in the playoffs at least one of the times.  Hmmmm.

Zimmer complaining about the QB play when his defense gave up game-winning drives to the Cooper Rush Cowboys and 0-10-1 Detroit to keep us out of the playoffs is some Olympic-level denial.  

This is going to be tough, since so many people dislike Kirk. But Zimmer didn't dislike Kirk, he disliked the concept of committing $30+M of the cap annually to a QB. 

Openly complaining about Kirk during the season in which he (Zimmer) made numerous head scratching coaching decisions each game sure is something. Kirk isn't perfect but my god, have a look in the mirror Zimmer. I'll bet if you have a conversation with him today he would probably try to justify having the secondary so far off the Detroit receivers in the last drive. So glad that dbag is gone.

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
Openly complaining about Kirk during the season in which he (Zimmer) made numerous head scratching coaching decisions each game sure is something. Kirk isn't perfect but my god, have a look in the mirror Zimmer. I'll bet if you have a conversation with him today he would probably try to justify having the secondary so far off the Detroit receivers in the last drive. So glad that dbag is gone.
Pretty sure Patrick Peterson spoke on that play, said that Dantzler was not playing that like they practiced.  But I am sure that isn't why he was in Zim's doghouse, probably because Zimmer wanted him to play poorly and he wouldn't.  

Blaming the coach for players not playing the position seems to be a meme around here.  After Zimmer lost Rhodes, Waynes and Mac, his defense suffered immensely.  Hard to form a good solid back end with a bunch of rookies and castoffs.  

Hmm, maybe that is why he didn't want to spend $30 mil on Cousins.

Quote: @greediron said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
Pretty sure Patrick Peterson spoke on that play, said that Dantzler was not playing that like they practiced.  But I am sure that isn't why he was in Zim's doghouse, probably because Zimmer wanted him to play poorly and he wouldn't.  

Blaming the coach for players not playing the position seems to be a meme around here.  After Zimmer lost Rhodes, Waynes and Mac, his defense suffered immensely.  Hard to form a good solid back end with a bunch of rookies and castoffs.  

Hmm, maybe that is why he didn't want to spend $30 mil on Cousins.
I'm not just referring to the last play. I'm noting the entire drive our guys were at least 5 yards back from their receivers and we didnt blitz once. Dantzler shouldnt have been behind the guy but why were all guys at the end zone line? Pretty dumb call.

I mentioned a couple weeks ago that all corners drafted by Zimmer in the first 3/4 rounds never signed their second contract with the Vikings. I highly doubt the sole reason for that is because Kirk made $30MM. We had a lot of other bad contracts during that time that were signed (Barr & Tagging Harris are two examples).

He didn't want Kirk, we know that. That's not his job though, that was Rick's. The HC isn't supposed to hold a grudge because you didn't want to pay high dollar for the best QB option that offseason. Vikes weren't going to win with Case, Teddy, or a rookie. Again, he needs to look in the mirror.