Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After watching Rams v Bengals...
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
What was obvious to me is something that never changes, it’s impossible to win anything with a pathetic OL. The grades for every Bengals OL was uhh, the worst ever in the super bowl? Lets get a guard or two
And yet the Bengals were a last second drive from winning the game. Despite the Rams' obvious talent advantage on defense. 

This is why I dont know if I'll ever experience a SB win as a fan or not? I feel less confident now than before.

These teams are so closely matched and you're an injury or ball bouncing the wrong or right way to determine an outcome.  

Obviously you have to have the talent and scheme to maximize your talent. And while I would agree the Rams (on paper) had more talent, that game was close. No Higbee or OBJ leveled the playing field quite a bit too. 

Kinda like Rams vs Bills close - whomever had the ball at the end kinda thing. But then the Rams had a generational talent like Donald who really did make a difference on the last two plays. Not many teams have someone like that - ever. 

With such a level playing field in the league, luck and attrition just seem to play a more important role now vs 30 years ago.

Maybe its just my own jaded fan lens? 
Agree, it's why rebuilding is such a thing of the past. Injuries and bouncing balls can also work to our advantage. Of course our luck would have to change.