Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senior Bowl Position Winners
Doesnt seem like a year you'd take a QB high...Unless you're high

I am priming my enthusiasm for either an OL or D pick at 12. Is there a OG worthy of that spot? or C

Now watch em go wr lol! 

If you think Kenny Pickett is Joe Burrow, and there are some strong similarities, you pull the trigger at #12.

He won't be there, but I could see it.

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
If you think Kenny Pickett is Joe Burrow, and there are some strong similarities, you pull the trigger at #12.

I don't think he's Burrow but he'll be overdrafted regardless. If he's picked before #12, and that could happen, its a mistake. JMO.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:

I don't think he's Burrow but he'll be overdrafted regardless. If he's picked before #12, and that could happen, its a mistake. JMO.

Senior Bowl broadcast team sees it too. Massive production final year. Looked like a Day 3 pick prior. There's some strong parallels.

Guard/Center: Zion Johnson, Boston College (6-2, 314)Chattanooga’s Cole Strange and Memphis’ Dylan Parham also deserve high praise for their week of practice. But Johnson is just on another level, especially considering he played most of the week at center, a position he had never played before. I gave Johnson a first-round grade based on his 2021 tape, and nothing that happened during Senior Bowl practices has changed that projection.
Like Penning, it was far from perfect. But his ability to reset multiple times mid-rep stood out consistently during each practice. Johnson is stout at contact and plays with strong, precise hands to plant and re-leverage himself as he works to stay centered. Watching him work from 30 feet away gave me even more appreciation for his muscle twitch and reaction skills.
Edge Rusher: Jermaine Johnson, Florida State (6-4, 259)Defensive line was the most competitive position all week. With his skilled and heavy hands, South Carolina’s Kingsley Enagbare was my runner-up. And there were no shortage of worthy candidates that who deserve mention (Penn State’s Arnold Ebiketie and Jesse Luketa, Miami (Ohio’s) Dominique Robinson, Cincinnati’s Myjai Sanders, etc.). But Johnson entered the week as the top-ranked defensive player in Mobile and he only exceeded expectations.
Johnson is long, agile and powerful, and he understands how to use all of those traits to break down the rhythm of blockers. He was already considered a potential early-round prospect a year ago when he was part of Georgia’s rotation-heavy scheme. Since then, he established himself as the alpha of the Florida State defense, led the ACC in tackles for loss and sacks, and stood out as the top defensive player at this year’s Senior Bowl. Johnson was already in the first-round conversation, and now the question is, how high could he realistically go?
Defensive Tackle: Perrion Winfrey, Oklahoma (6-3, 303)Like edge rusher, the defensive tackles were awesome this week. Georgia’s Devonte Wyatt and UConn’s Travis Jones were tough to block all week and showed why they are potential top-50 picks. Houston’s Logan Hall backed up why I believe he is a top-32 prospect in this draft. Arkansas’ John Ridgeway had several splash plays in each practice, and Missouri State’s Eric Johnson impressed at the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl and continued that momentum in Mobile.
But Winfrey was consistently disruptive all week and is going to force a lot of evaluators to revisit their initial grades. During one-on-one’s, he slammed his heavy hands into blockers and consistently created movement with natural power and remarkable length (35 1/2-inch arms and a wingspan that is just shy of 86 inches). Winfrey also showed his quickness, using an explosive rip-swipe move a few times to create his own rush lane. He also brought an infectious energy to every practice that rubbed off on all of his teammates.
I would support drafting Zion Johnson in the 2nd round as I'm at the point where I dont know if I believe in Ezra at guard

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
Guard/Center: Zion Johnson, Boston College (6-2, 314)Chattanooga’s Cole Strange and Memphis’ Dylan Parham also deserve high praise for their week of practice. But Johnson is just on another level, especially considering he played most of the week at center, a position he had never played before. I gave Johnson a first-round grade based on his 2021 tape, and nothing that happened during Senior Bowl practices has changed that projection.
Like Penning, it was far from perfect. But his ability to reset multiple times mid-rep stood out consistently during each practice. Johnson is stout at contact and plays with strong, precise hands to plant and re-leverage himself as he works to stay centered. Watching him work from 30 feet away gave me even more appreciation for his muscle twitch and reaction skills.
Edge Rusher: Jermaine Johnson, Florida State (6-4, 259)Defensive line was the most competitive position all week. With his skilled and heavy hands, South Carolina’s Kingsley Enagbare was my runner-up. And there were no shortage of worthy candidates that who deserve mention (Penn State’s Arnold Ebiketie and Jesse Luketa, Miami (Ohio’s) Dominique Robinson, Cincinnati’s Myjai Sanders, etc.). But Johnson entered the week as the top-ranked defensive player in Mobile and he only exceeded expectations.
Johnson is long, agile and powerful, and he understands how to use all of those traits to break down the rhythm of blockers. He was already considered a potential early-round prospect a year ago when he was part of Georgia’s rotation-heavy scheme. Since then, he established himself as the alpha of the Florida State defense, led the ACC in tackles for loss and sacks, and stood out as the top defensive player at this year’s Senior Bowl. Johnson was already in the first-round conversation, and now the question is, how high could he realistically go?
Defensive Tackle: Perrion Winfrey, Oklahoma (6-3, 303)Like edge rusher, the defensive tackles were awesome this week. Georgia’s Devonte Wyatt and UConn’s Travis Jones were tough to block all week and showed why they are potential top-50 picks. Houston’s Logan Hall backed up why I believe he is a top-32 prospect in this draft. Arkansas’ John Ridgeway had several splash plays in each practice, and Missouri State’s Eric Johnson impressed at the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl and continued that momentum in Mobile.
But Winfrey was consistently disruptive all week and is going to force a lot of evaluators to revisit their initial grades. During one-on-one’s, he slammed his heavy hands into blockers and consistently created movement with natural power and remarkable length (35 1/2-inch arms and a wingspan that is just shy of 86 inches). Winfrey also showed his quickness, using an explosive rip-swipe move a few times to create his own rush lane. He also brought an infectious energy to every practice that rubbed off on all of his teammates.
I would support drafting Zion Johnson in the 2nd round as I'm at the point where I dont know if I believe in Ezra at guard
I'd be ok with drafting Green at #12. Played all 5 positions. Probably best at G. See if Davis can play C. 

@"StickyBun" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:

Senior Bowl broadcast team sees it too. Massive production final year. Looked like a Day 3 pick prior. There's some strong parallels.
Always makes me wonder what would've happened if Burrow came out as a junior. Yes, it would've been stupid if he did, but he probably wouldn't have been drafted before the 4th or 5th round, if at all. Does he become the same QB without that senior year? Does he ever get a chance in the NFL in what would likely have been a 3rd string role? Maybe eventually. The talent is there. Just never had a chance to show it. 

Interesting that Burrow was beaten out by JT Barrett early on at OSU. Then by Dwayne Haskins. It took a transfer to LSU to get him behind center. And even then he wasn't that great. Until his senior season.

The EDGE group in Mobile was really, really good but IMO two players stood out above the rest:

1. Boye Mafe
2. Jermaine Johnson

The Edge rushers in this draft are outstanding. There’s probably 10-12 prospects I’d grade as 1st round talent. Personally, I’m jacked about this draft for the defensive prospects, which we desperately need. It should be a very good year for some great players.