Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tall McVay, Long May He Reign
Can't think of a better modern day NFL coach tree to be from than McVay. I think he'll win over a ton of the fans that are still on the fence in his initial Viking's presser. 

I'm thinking guys like Fast Kene, ISM, and ISJ will really flourish under O'Connell.

Now, do we get to see the real Wyatt Davis?

I just hope we can bring in someone who can turn a turd into gold with our defense.

I almost would rather have some old dude who's had head coaching experience to work with Kevin to get that side of the ball righted. 

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
I'm thinking guys like Fast Kene, ISM, and ISJ will really flourish under O'Connell.

I saw under center play action as his strengths listed. The rams ran a bunch of outside zone blocking according to google in '21.  So we're probably not blowing up the offense to any extent. 

That McVay coaching tree is more than a bit skewed when they just happened to fall into situations that include Burrow, Rodgers,  Herbert and healthy cap situations. O'Connell is probably going to be looking for a bridge QB, and figuring out how to rework a defense with overpaid, injured or aging players. Gonna be interesting around here if/when we're at 5-7 wins next yr. 

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
That McVay coaching tree is more than a bit skewed when they just happened to fall into situations that include Burrow, Rodgers,  Herbert and healthy cap situations. O'Connell is probably going to be looking for a bridge QB, and figuring out how to rework a defense with overpaid, injured or aging players. Gonna be interesting around here if/when we're at 5-7 wins next yr. 
Might have to take a step back with some cap pruning to take 2 steps forward. This upcoming season is no make or break year for this new regime. Far from it. 

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:

Pretty sure all the players are going to get a refresh on how they're evaluated and coached, even Mond.  I'd think this hire also gets KC's attention, and loves it!

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
Photo might be slightly distorted.
Good, I was worried we hired Slenderman...
Bol Bol O'Connell

[Image: hnj9c7c80vc5.jpeg]

It'll be interesting to see what kind of coaching staff he can pull. He's certainly been around successful influences.