Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you have any reservations about Harbaugh...
All time NFL win percentage by coaches with at least four seasons coached since the merger:

1. John Madden: 76%

2. Vince Lombardi: 74%

3. George Allen: 71%

4. Jim Harbaugh: 70%

5. George Halas: 69%

Yeah, I get the Alex Boone jokes, he was a big disappointment in Minny.....HOWEVER...If you havent seen the podcast, I would encourage you to watch even the first ten to fifteen minutes.

Boone is in the unique situation of having played for both Harbaugh AND Zimmer.....maybe his viewpoint is credible.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
From 2017-2020 Harbaugh, or at least the team was sleepwalking. Unlike Zimmer, I don't think Harbaugh will have a problem with relating to players. I think he is very stubborn in his approach to the game, and slower to adapt than he was when he was at Stanford or getting his start with the 49er's. Where he'll be different than Zimmer is that he'll be very hands off on game day. 

I don't see where the team is creatively different than what we're used to seeing. Again, who will he attract as his staff? He better not bring Pep Hamilton with him. Fangio might be a hoot. 
I'd feel better about Harbaugh if you UMich guys had anything positive to say about him. (maybe you did & I missed it)

I just don't get the excitement about this guy (and yes, I know what he did at SF and Stanford)

Most of the things I read about Harbaugh for the last few years, has been derogatory/derisive.  
I was under the assumption that before UM's surprising last year, Harbaugh was about to be fired?  

Well whatevs....I hope succeeds and I'll root for him.  

Edit:  My MIL-Chicago Bear lovin-NFL knowledgeable fan just texted me:  "Jim Harbaugh?  LOL.  Really?"  
         Hope she's wrong.  

The only reservations I want is for the Super Bowl in the next 4 years.

Quote: @savannahskol said:
@mgobluevikes said:
From 2017-2020 Harbaugh, or at least the team was sleepwalking. Unlike Zimmer, I don't think Harbaugh will have a problem with relating to players. I think he is very stubborn in his approach to the game, and slower to adapt than he was when he was at Stanford or getting his start with the 49er's. Where he'll be different than Zimmer is that he'll be very hands off on game day. 

I don't see where the team is creatively different than what we're used to seeing. Again, who will he attract as his staff? He better not bring Pep Hamilton with him. Fangio might be a hoot. 
I'd feel better about Harbaugh if you UMich guys had anything positive to say about him. (maybe you did & I missed it)

I just don't get the excitement about this guy (and yes, I know what he did at SF and Stanford)

Most of the things I read about Harbaugh for the last few years, has been derogatory/derisive.  
I was under the assumption that before UM's surprising last year, Harbaugh was about to be fired?  

Well whatevs....I hope succeeds and I'll root for him.  

Edit:  My MIL-Chicago Bear lovin-NFL knowledgeable fan just texted me:  "Jim Harbaugh?  LOL.  Really?"  
         Hope she's wrong.  

Things I think - just my opinions - I think he stayed at UMich too long out of loyalty to his alma mater.   The college landscape has changed radically and the chances Michigan will ever really be able to be in the same echelon as OSU, Alabama, et al are next to nil, no matter how good the coach is.

I think he wants a Super Bowl win and is looking for one last chance to do it.  I think he must have known Mensah in SF and developed some sort of mutual respect there or this connection never would have happened.

If he gets the job and alters the direction of the franchise the way he has at other stops along the way it could be a great ride.  The question is, he is near the tail end of a long career, does he still have the passion and all the other things needed to make that happen?  Time can catch up to you in ways you don't expect.  So to me there is some risk in the hire if they go that way.   Still, I'm cautiously optimistic that it could work out well.

In todays NFL its all about QB's.  So get a coach that can teach develop and can spot QB talent.

If there's a transcript...

My biggest reservation about Harbaugh is the fit with KAM. Kwesi was very clear on the kind of staff he wanted to put together, and none of that sounded like Harbaugh. Or at least Harbaugh's reputation. 

But Kwesi is the one making the decision. If he's good with it, I'm good with it. But they better be damn sure there is no question about who has final say on personnel decisions. 

Best thing about Harbaugh would be the staff he could put together. 

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
I would encourage you to watch / listen to todays Purple Daily with Alex Boone on Youtube.
Did anyone else catch it?

Wow!

Some amazing insight, wants players to bring family to practices, reduces meetings, encourages player input, motivational, can elicit the best from players, Boone says Zimmer and Harbaugh ENTIRELY different....

I was hopeful (but not optimistic) for Harbaugh, but after watching that podcast (Hope the Wilfs saw it) any hesitation I had about him is now gone.

Again, of you have any hesitation about Harbaugh, listen to Boone

V83
I think there are a few reporters out there that Harbaugh has been short with and they have hurt feelings about it and dog him. He's a good dude, he just doesn't toot his own horn or try and dispute the wrong negative shit about him.