Bring Andrew Luck out of retirement?

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
[Image: 4nyq89rvlvzx.jpeg]

Or this happens
 Bring Andrew Luck out of retirement?

Good to see you again Whizz!! 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

That brings up another topic of discussion: how Harbaugh fits with the Vikings' timeline for potentially becoming a contender. Minnesota had a window of opportunity under Zimmer from 2015-2019, one that peaked in 2017 and ultimately only resulted in two total playoff victories. Instead of recognizing that the window had closed and entering a rebuild, the Vikings spent the past two offseasons trying to convince themselves they were still contenders. They extended Kirk Cousins, Dalvin Cook, and several other veteran players and "reloaded" by signing or trading for players who they thought would help them win right away. 
What resulted was a 7-9 season followed by an 8-9 season that cost Zimmer and Spielman their jobs. The defense was horrendous in each of the past two years and Cousins' shortcomings — at least relative to his lofty price tag — limited the offense at times. The Vikings now have a difficult salary cap situation, major decisions to make on Cousins, Danielle Hunter, and other expensive, aging veterans, and a defense that needs an influx of talent. Despite the roster still having plenty of win-now pieces, including one of the game's elite wide receivers in Justin Jefferson, a rebuild might once again be the best long-term choice for the franchise's future.
I'm not sure that option would be on the table if Harbaugh comes to town. He desperately wants to win a Super Bowl and might not have any interest in a rebuild that could require his first full season with a losing record since 2008 at Stanford. If Harbaugh is hired and has partial or full control over roster decisions, that might mean another offseason of trying to jam the window open by extending Cousins again and making other win-now moves.
https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/woul...ta-vikings

This (bold part) has been by far the most frustrating thing of being a Vikings fan the past couple years. It was pretty obvious 2 years ago this team needed an overhaul, and downright plain as day last offseason. If fans want to believe one thing that's fine, but the people in charge in the front office should know better.
I definitely want Harbaugh here as our next coach but my one worry-- as the author of this piece states-- is that we'll still be in this WIN-NOW mode when we flat out don't have the roster to win now. Maybe we do come September but the Vikings need to take a longterm approach. I don't want to see a bunch of vets on one-year deals again. I'm hoping this one concern I have is unfounded and even if it's not, the benefits to landing Harbaugh I think far outweigh any potential cons.

I like O’Connell but I also would be fine with Harbaugh. Go big or go home. Of course in my life as a Viking fan I have only ever been excited about one head coach hire, Denny Green. 

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:

Or this happens

Or maybe this![Image: 52339daf-8c39-4faa-965f-ed167cd980f0-216...&auto=webp]

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@JustinTime18™ said:

Or this happens

Noooooooo!!!! Lol. But with that said if Harbaugh is our head coach he certainly likes quarterbacks with some athletic ability and can run. Cousins certainly doesn't fit that mold. I will say that I don't think there's a better head coach to potentially develop Mond than Harbaugh. 

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@JustinTime18™ said:

Or this happens

Some people would collectively lose their shit lol.

Hmmm...Harbaugh, Fangio, Pep Hamilton, lure Luck out of retirement, trade Cousins...

D1a: CB
D1b: CB
D2: DE
D3a: LB
D3b: WR

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Hmmm...Harbaugh, Fangio, Pep Hamilton, lure Luck out of retirement, trade Cousins...

D1a: CB
D1b: CB
D2: DE
D3a: LB
D3b: WR

"Who's got it better then us....Nooooooobody!!!"

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@HappyViking said:
@JustinTime18™ said:

Or this happens

Some people would collectively lose their shit lol.
Like they ate Taco Bell for a week.