Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mensah to the Wilfs right now:
Don't shed any tears for the payouts: The Wilf family is worth about $1.7 billion...the Minnesota Vikings franchise is valued at $3 billion. They alright.

[Image: ehh-its-alright.gif]

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
p.s. Confirmed word on the street is Kwesi was Minnesota's first choice, its why Poles signed in Chicago. For better or worse, this was their dude.
Unless we win it, or CHI does in the next 5 years, and we are still alive waiting for a super bowl trophy, we can argue like hell about who was better…how we ph@&$! da bears over or vice versa 

From what I read Kwesi was their guy. Chicago had Poles as their front runner, but were not done interviewing candidates. Chicago probably learned the Vikes had made their pick and realized they better get Poles locked up before another team starts competing. 
I don’t think we could have gone wrong with either guy. 

I thought I read somewhere over the past couple of days that there might be a Ryans-Mensah connection. Please make it so…

Quote: @"prairieghost" said:
I thought I read somewhere over the past couple of days that there might be a Ryans-Mensah connection. Please make it so…
They worked together with the 49ers.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"prairieghost" said:
They worked together with the 49ers.
Just read that now VG. I went and did a little reading  B) If we come away with Ryans too I’m officially stoked!

i would take anyone from SFO staff or front office. first class org 

Quote: @"prairieghost" said:
Mensah was with the 49'ers in Research, so he knows Ryans from when he joined the 49'ers in 2017.  Mensah joined the Browns in 2020 as the VP of player operations.
while Ryans is finishing up his first year as a DC after Saleh went to be HC with the Jets.  

If the Vikings go with the Mensah/Ryans combo I would not be overly thrilled to be honest.  But I am just throwing darts along with the rest of us and the Wilf's know what they want to create.

Mensah has 2 years of Executive exp and 7 years as a R&D guy for the 49'ers - not even sure what that position was?
Ryans has 1 year as a DC.  

Youth and inexperience IMO.

Apparently he stayed overnight? 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Apparently he stayed overnight? 
I guess. Nothing on the Twitter machine.