Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guess there was a schism between Zim and Rick
Never picked Z as a little bitter bitch boy, yet....here we are. 

If they truly didn't talk for months that is comically pathetic. Hard to win games-- or succeed at any job-- in that kind of atmosphere.
A once promising partnership really turned bitter towards the end. Maybe they'll both get other jobs so we can find out who's Simon and who's the Garfunkel.

If this is true then I am glad they are both gone. It is completely and utterly unacceptable to operate a team this way. I would site repeated OL issues and the issues with the defense for the demise. 

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"Skodin" said:
zim never wanted Cousins. Spielman went after the analytical midwest boy (like himself) to be his legacy. 

it was the beginning of the end

time to rid of Cousins
A couple thing's on Cousins. He is under contract for one more season. We can't cut him because the dead money cap hit would be 45 million dollars. We can try trading him, but he'll be 34 years old and what could we get for him in a trade package? If we were able to trade him and his contract, what are we doing for a starting QB for this upcoming season? It's not a pretty free agent market and this is a very weak draft class of QB's. 
More than what the Eagles got for Wentz, less than the Lions got for Stafford.

The Vikings are 0-2 in trades that were supposed to be the final Super Bowl piece.

I don't know that we could get a first round pick for Cousins. The Eagles got it for Wentz because the Colts were gambling on him reverting back to MVP form and was still only 28. I'm trying to think of teams that it would make sense for to make a move for Cousins...and its slim pickings. Maybe Cleveland reuniting with Stefanski depending on what they decide on Mayfield. Redskins would probably make the most sense

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Never picked Z as a little bitter bitch boy, yet....here we are. 

Really kind of kills his "hard ass" image.

Zimmer came in and turned a pathetic team into a better team. He hung a banner in fact. He took a team with a backup QB to the NFC championship game. 
Things changed when Spielman brought in the missing piece. 
Quit bagging on Zimmer so much and realize they both failed. And Cousins was the cause; if not directly, then indirectly through salary cap issues. 
If you were the coach, could you have had a successful defense with the defensive players on this or last years roster?
Zimmer is gone. Time to move on.

Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
Zimmer came in and turned a pathetic team into a better team. He hung a banner in fact. He took a team with a backup QB to the NFC championship game. 
Things changed when Spielman brought in the missing piece. 
Quit bagging on Zimmer so much and realize they both failed. And Cousins was the cause; if not directly, then indirectly through salary cap issues. 
If you were the coach, could you have had a successful defense with the defensive players on this or last years roster?
Zimmer is gone. Time to move on.
No question. There are many defensive coordinators in the league who could have had this defense playing much better. Just never starting Breeland would have won games. Mike Zimmer is about as responsible for this season result as is possible. 
Did injuries hurt? Yes, Mike Hughes struggled with them and left and we used up another fist round pick on a corner who got himself tossed from the league. Had those picks been players on the team we were likely better. The point though is Zimmer was given the players he needed to field a highly competitive team and it was 100% his decision making that effected how that played out.

There are a good many head coaches in the league and likely assistants who would have won a lot of games with these guys this year. 
Blaming it on the QB who puts up the kind of efficiency Cousins does is laughable. It’s nothing more than Zimmer trying to drum up sympathy. Zimmer never had a meeting with his starting QB until the last half of this year and that was at Cousins request. We all know from what Zimmer said about it, that Cousins was lobbying to call the plays himself. It was a no go with Zimmer and we all watched the ridiculous play calling unfold. 
Based on what Kendricks had to say, it didn’t go any better on the other side of the ball when players wanted to express ideas that could improve performance. Zimmer simply wasn’t having it. It’s the coaches way and that’s that. We have all paid the price. 
I read an article or interview today that pointed out Cousins gave Zimmer no vote of confidence in interviews at the end and avoided saying much of anything. The article claimed Cousins was furious at Zimmer for denying JJ the record. All Zimmer had to say about it was he doesn’t care about records only wins. Yeah we got exactly how you felt Zimmer when you purposely made sure he couldn’t get it. 
Oh well, rant over, I’m so freaking happy he’s gone and hopeful we can get a guy in willing to let the team have at least some say or at least be able to voice an idea or opinion. It’s called collaboration and in my opinion it’s vital to success. 
The Wilf’s believe we are not far away and I agree. Get Cousins contract under control and stabilize our cap situation and there’s a good base in place to do some damage.

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"Skodin" said:
zim never wanted Cousins. Spielman went after the analytical midwest boy (like himself) to be his legacy. 

time to rid of Cousins
A couple thing's on Cousins. He is under contract for one more season. We can't cut him because the dead money cap hit would be 45 million dollars. We can try trading him, but he'll be 34 years old and what could we get for him in a trade package? If we were able to trade him and his contract, what are we doing for a starting QB for this upcoming season? It's not a pretty free agent market and this is a very weak draft class of QB's. 

The Vikings are 0-2 in trades that were supposed to be the final Super Bowl piece.

I don't know that we could get a first round pick for Cousins. The Eagles got it for Wentz because the Colts were gambling on him reverting back to MVP form and was still only 28. I'm trying to think of teams that it would make sense for to make a move for Cousins...and its slim pickings. Maybe Cleveland reuniting with Stefanski depending on what they decide on Mayfield. Redskins would probably make the most sense
Cousins has APPEARED on the injury report once since 2014. Extremely productive. 33 isn't exactly ancient. Pen him in for 4000 yards and 30+ TDs.

And we can't get a first?

Fuck no.

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"Skodin" said:

time to rid of Cousins

Cousins has APPEARED on the injury report once since 2014. Extremely productive. 33 isn't exactly ancient. Pen him in for 4000 yards and 30+ TDs.

And we can't get a first?

Fuck no.
I think its possible but not probable. I think interested teams will look at it as a mini fire-sale with Cousins. I still don't see it happening, but crazier things certainly have.

How can this be?  When I made a similar statement a while back I was told how glowing they spoke of each other and how they were like BFFs.