Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark Wilf and his Buzzwords
I do think Lee hits on a correct point when pointing out that trying to check all the boxes and worrying too much about hitting on every PC step in the process takes the eye off the ball.  If you think that's how the Patriots are run, well they're just not.  On the other hand, the Wilfs have proven to be hands off in a good way, and I think they've done a fantastic job with the franchise.  They need to hire the right people, set up the right structure, and get out of the way.  The GM portion of this search is the more critical portion for the L-T, unless the next Belichick is hiding out there.  I'm nervous that we don't get this right, because if we don't, it sets us back five years minimum and likely longer.

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
I wish the Wilfs would spit in their hands, shake on an agreement with the new GM and insist they each drink a little of each other's blood while swearing a binding oath of allegiance that results in the immediate death of each one's first born upon breach of aforementioned oath. Its the only way I'll be satisfied.
Same.
I know you want Lori Lightfoot for coach, maybe you’ll get your way.

Quote: @"Lee 19" said:
How about saying saying we need a coach who installs a team first attitude instead of these snow flakes worried about their own stats. Belichick is a great coach because he, like Lombardi, Paul Brown,  Parcells all had exposure to military football programs. That’s where they all learned the value of team over individual. Bud Grant had exposure to this under Paul Brown in WW 2.

Bud had players actually practice standing at attention for the national anthem. It’s all about the unit being more important than the individual. You want it to be about the individual, join the NBA Where concepts like team and defense are a joke. That’s why David Stern hated the Spurs. Who cared that they won 4 titles, they weren’t star driven with Lebron.
Totally, look how well this military approach worked with the Les Steckel days.

It's 2021, not 1971, get a grip

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
@"Lee 19" said:
How about saying saying we need a coach who installs a team first attitude instead of these snow flakes worried about their own stats. Belichick is a great coach because he, like Lombardi, Paul Brown,  Parcells all had exposure to military football programs. That’s where they all learned the value of team over individual. Bud Grant had exposure to this under Paul Brown in WW 2.

Bud had players actually practice standing at attention for the national anthem. It’s all about the unit being more important than the individual. You want it to be about the individual, join the NBA Where concepts like team and defense are a joke. That’s why David Stern hated the Spurs. Who cared that they won 4 titles, they weren’t star driven with Lebron.
Totally, look how well this military approach worked with the Les Steckel days.

It's 2021, not 1971, get a grip
Football is a violent, physical game. If you want it soft watch the hideous NBA.

Basically this is a OP with an intent to incite ie trolling.  Lee ive seen and im sure others some decent posts from you this post is really not appropriate. 

This is a community. No one is perfect here but you are not being considerate with this one 

It all started this week with Barr, now I’m Justin. Of all the candidates, the only rising stars are the chick and the black basketball player. His cultural liberal bias quite evident.  

I've been considered a pretty hard conservative from time to time over my outlooks, beliefs and opinions.  But to me, all that is low hanging fruit and doesn't mean anything when I'm on this Viking football forum.  I enjoy the inter-action of other Viking fans and the posts sharing information regarding football issues about the organization, rosters, free agents and the draft.  I learned a lot from the posters here with a lot more insight than me.  Antagonists can go kick rocks somewhere else if they want to discuss topics other than football.

Good idea turning this political. That goes over so well.

Quote: @"ArizonaViking" said:
I've been considered a pretty hard conservative from time to time over my outlooks, beliefs and opinions.  But to me, all that is low hanging fruit and doesn't mean anything when I'm on this Viking football forum.  I enjoy the inter-action of other Viking fans and the posts sharing information regarding football issues about the organization, rosters, free agents and the draft.  I learned a lot from the posters here with a lot more insight than me.  Antagonists can go kick rocks somewhere else if they want to discuss topics other than football.

replace the first sentence with the opposite for me and all the rest is the same. I had to ask to be removed from ST cause a few certain things just really get me riled up. its like moth to flame. 

I just wanna get along and have peace and of course Football !!!!

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
Basically this is a OP with an intent to incite ie trolling.  Lee ive seen and im sure others some decent posts from you this post is really not appropriate. 

This is a community. No one is perfect here but you are not being considerate with this one 
There's a  "liberal good old boys club" on this board that likes to incessantly troll with slanderous cheap shots and groupthink.  To say Lee is not being considerate may be somewhat accurate, but hardly unique.  It's just that for this little club, he's not on their side.  I try to make sure to say things in a way that doesn't offend, but in today's "woke" environment, I realize that that is impossible.  People like Lee have likely given up trying to have a rational conversation with people whose agendas are front and center, no matter what the discussion topic is.  I find myself there at times myself.