Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stay or Go?
I think Willekes is going to be really good. He gets a little too reliant on power moves. He's shown some ability to dip and bend. He's got the strength for push pull. Very excited to see what he could do with more reps.

Reluctant to let Conklin go as ISJ hasn't really proven anything yet and he is already going into year 4. It would be great to have both if possible.

I think the interesting question is draft compensation.  You let the above players go, but do you sign anyone or do you rely on the remaining roster and draft picks and look forward to some draft compensation for losing the above players?  Something that needs to be weighed with a new regime coming in.

Conklin, Richardson, Peterson, keep.

Defensively
Richardson is a great rotation guy and I think he gets it, relatively inexpensive  Peterson can be a Newman 2.0 if we can get another corner in the draft (Sauce-Dantzler-Peterson anyone?).  Bynum is ready to go, he's got some real game.

Offensively
Conklin is a beast.  I am sorry but I think he is the best #2 TE in the game and its ISJ, we have a top 3 TE duo to go with a top 5 WR duo, how the F&*K are we not great on offense?  

Oh that's right we have an interior OL that is softer than baby shit and a tin man QB who still hasn't found a heart yet.  

Hopefully a new regime can turn that middle OL stout, that QB into gunslinger.  Too many weapons on offense to not be dominating games.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JR44 said:
With a new GM and HC, I think they are going to want to shape this team with their own players, look to get younger and manage the cap very carefully.  From that list, I think they would love to have Conklin, but are not going to pay him what he will get on the market.  Bynum needs to play, so I don't see any chance of signing Woods.  Don't see any chance of them paying Barr.  Richardson or Peterson would need to be on very reasonable one year contracts. 

Agreed....I do like P2 for another year, just for his presence in the backfield and in the DB room. Richardson splashed here and there, his versatility and experience is something I like. 

Same.  Not that impressed by Peterson, but he is a vet in a very young room without much talent.  I assume we draft or bring in new dbs, and his leadership is needed.

Richardson was very valuable, especially with his versatility.  He is a good 3 tech and can play DE in a pinch.

See if Peterson will sign for cheap.  On the fence about  Richardson with Hunter coming back.  We have young guys on the DL that need a chance. That's it.  Everyone else walks.  ISJ replaces Conklin, who was very good and will hopefully net us a decent pick next year.

No mention of Mason Cole? I would like to bring him back as the 6th OL if the price is right.

I was just looking at this list the other day and I don't think any of our pending free agents are "must have's" to re-sign. You look at it and we have young players with potential everywhere except cornerback. That's why I'd say out of that group Peterson would be the most important to bring back. A lot is also going to depend on the coach and just how much of a scheme change we are making defensively. Peterson came here because of Zimmer. If we transition to a 3-4 (hope not) then everything is up in the air 

Jordan Berry, re-sign this man.  He stays.

Joseph, ehhhhhh

Jordan Berry has done well and maybe our kickers will settle down now that the old curmudgeon coach is gone...