Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick And Mike Out
Wonder who heads up the search? 

Do they put a GM in first or go HC then GM. Do they promote from within?

If you want to try and do it right and start over, they both had to go. New blood in Eagan is necessary. I give the Wilfs credit for dropping a trusted employee like Rick Spielman because they loved him. But it had to be done.

Hey Rick, we need to meet.

[Image: o26qmvsxpjf6.jpeg]

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:

Getting a GM to pick out a coach would seem logical to me.   This will be very interesting for sure.

I'm surprised but not shocked that Rick is out.

He probably regrets not returning my calls now.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:

Getting a GM to pick out a coach would seem logical to me.   This will be very interesting for sure.
You would think, but I've seen it go the other way. 

Together, Zimmer and Spielman led the Vikings to the NFL's 10th-best record since 2014. The next regime will be tasked with topping that. A tall order.

Well, that's a helluva way to start the day (for us West Coasters)...

...on one hand, I kinda want to thank 'em both.  On the other, I want to help 'em pack.

I'm not surprised at all RS is gone.  No way can the recent FA signings that haven't panned out be blamed all on Zim for not "coaching them up".  The FA DL and DB rebuild headed by RS was a bust.  Also, we lost a 4th round pick for a TE rarely used.  Rick whiffs big as often or more than he hits HRs, IMO.

State of the art facilities, patient ownership, a superstar WR, and lots of tradable assets, but a big decision to make at QB. With the focus likely on 2023 and beyond, the #Vikings job will likely end up as arguably the most attractive GM + HC job opening this offseason.