Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penix runs 4.46
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"FLVike" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
I'm at the point where if we can move up for Maye or McCarthy without trading away the farm, great. Otherwise I'm using picks #11 or #23 to target Penix. I just don't think there is any way we can trade away next year's 1st round pick under any circumstances unless we want to be next years Carolina Panthers and gift some other team a top pick. 
Do not agree. A lot of money to spend to fill holes. Get the right QB. 
Great,  which ones the right one?

Penix
At 11 and then IOL  at 23 and away we go 
I would not be opposed to that, but really want Byron Murphy or Dallas Turner somehow. 

This draft class is so loaded at offensive tackle, I kind of wonder outside of Latham which of these guys transitions best inside to guard? I'd be a fan of taking Jackson Powers Johnson at #23. 6'3" 328 and can actually anchor at center 

Penix or Nix being “the guy” we booted Kirk for will be a bigger letdown than the GOT finale. 
I hope it doesn’t happen, but I’m 100% ready for the soul crushing disappointment. 

Quote: @"CFIAvike" said:
Penix or Nix being “the guy” we booted Kirk for will be a bigger letdown than the GOT finale. 
I hope it doesn’t happen, but I’m 100% ready for the soul crushing disappointment. 

If you think that will be a disappointment for you then just wait until you see your boy play on that superbowl ready Falcon team.

Quote: @"FLVike" said:
@"CFIAvike" said:

If you think that will be a disappointment for you then just wait until you see your boy play on that superbowl ready Falcon team.
Already prepared for that too

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Mattyman" said:
His  size reminds me of Teddy B.

6'3 213lbs vs. 6'2 210lbs. 

Neither of them has the type of  frame that can carry extra weight and muscle.

Teddy tried to do it and his ACL couldn't handle the stress.

Same thing has already happened to Penix.
Daniels is 6-4 and 210....

and look at this elbow WTF is this about?

[Image: GJsILVbXsAA-cd-?format=jpg&name=900x900]

[Image: GJsB7C3WYAEfUE7?format=jpg&name=small]
That there looks like a seriously inflamed Bursa or Bursitis. It looks bad, but often they have no pain. They could remove it and he’d probably miss a couple of weeks. It’s really no big deal if he has no symptoms. I get it to some extent, but nothing like that. For me it’s only painful in certain motions. If I were throwing a football, I wouldn’t even know it was there. 

Quote: @"CFIAvike" said:
Nix’s ceiling is Aaron Rodgers or a more athletic Drew Brees. Can he get there? I don’t know, but his talent is just ridiculous. 
The guy threw for 85% completion rate if you take out throw aways and drops. There are NFL QB’s who don’t hit that percent on dump offs. The guy faced cover 8’s and deep shells all the time and had to take what was given, but still was elite down field. He put up ridiculous numbers even with being pulled early from games. They had 9 games of pitch and catch to run out the clock because they had monster leads. If he had faced more competitive games, the numbers would have been stupid. 
We’ll be blessed to get that level of talent. He very well may end up the best of this bunch. It’s funny how guys like him, Mahomes, Rodgers and the like drop from the top 5 despite elite game tape. 

Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:
@"CFIAvike" said:
Nix’s ceiling is Aaron Rodgers or a more athletic Drew Brees. Can he get there? I don’t know, but his talent is just ridiculous. 
The guy threw for 85% completion rate if you take out throw aways and drops. There are NFL QB’s who don’t hit that percent on dump offs. The guy faced cover 8’s and deep shells all the time and had to take what was given, but still was elite down field. He put up ridiculous numbers even with being pulled early from games. They had 9 games of pitch and catch to run out the clock because they had monster leads. If he had faced more competitive games, the numbers would have been stupid. 
We’ll be blessed to get that level of talent. He very well may end up the best of this bunch. It’s funny how guys like him, Mahomes, Rodgers and the like drop from the top 5 despite elite game tape. 
His numbers make him hard to ignore.  Counterpoint though,  how much of his numbers is because of who they played?  If they had played better teams would his numbers have been as impressive?  People bring up the ncg as a knock on Penix,  would Nix have looked as stellar playing teams outside the pac12?  ( same goes for Penix )  

I used to say no to pretty much any qb from the pac12 just because I've never been sold on the quality or depth  of talent in the pac12.  Maybe I need to rewatch some Penix tape with the same mental filter and see if that changes anything?

Penix also weighed 216 lbs. at the Combine....2 pounds heavier than Bo Nix and almost the same height. And JJM weighed 219 lbs, not the 203 lbs you see listed everywhere, lol. He's stout. Caleb Williams is an inch shorter than Penix and weighed 2 less lbs. 

Yes, Penix has had a fluky injury history, but the frail one is Daniels. 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
I'm at the point where if we can move up for Maye or McCarthy without trading away the farm, great. Otherwise I'm using picks #11 or #23 to target Penix. I just don't think there is any way we can trade away next year's 1st round pick under any circumstances unless we want to be next years Carolina Panthers and gift some other team a top pick. 
What if the QB you trade up for is Josh Allen, Justin Herbert or CJ Stroud? And what if Penix is Dwayne Haskins, Josh Rosen or Mac Jones? Would it be worth the '25 1st then? 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
What if the QB you trade up for is Josh Allen, Justin Herbert or CJ Stroud? And what if Penix is Dwayne Haskins, Josh Rosen or Mac Jones? Would it be worth the '25 1st then? 

Yep, that's the dilemma and the question: how strongly does the Viking's FO feel about these top 2 or 3 QBs on their board? Because IF they feel very strongly about 1 or 2, then you have to seriously consider taking a swing. No matter what we all think, there's risk involved either way. And there's no easy answer, no matter how strongly we believe our own personal opinions.