Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Troubling Rumor from Tom Moore
Makes sense to replace the GM first and then let him determine the coaching situation.   However what concerns me is that I still don't think Zimmer was Rick's pick,  I think that was Parcells influence and this move would make me wonder if he isn't still in their ear and is actually the one running the team.

A new GM is gonna want their own HC.

Unless they are gonna promote from within?

Then why'd they  let Patton walk? 

I  guarantee  it's gonna reduce the applicants applying for GM. of the Vikings  

In equally believable news, Vikings are said to covet Jimmy Garoppolo and are willing to give up Justin Jefferson and Dakota Dozier to get him. 

Not buying into that at all...

Wilfs may have hired Chilly and Les, but they're not THAT stoopid. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
In equally believable news, Vikings are said to covet Jimmy Garoppolo and are willing to give up Justin Jefferson and Dakota Dozier to get him. 
Thought about it for a moment, but it has to be a no go with the inclusion of Dozier.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
Makes sense to replace the GM first and then let him determine the coaching situation.   However what concerns me is that I still don't think Zimmer was Rick's pick,  I think that was Parcells influence and this move would make me wonder if he isn't still in their ear and is actually the one running the team.
Why do you say that?  From what I recall, both bonded over being sons of coaches and their love of football.  Obviously any HC pick isn't just the GM's decision, ownership is involved as well, but Spielman seemed all in with Zimmer by the way they talked about each other after he was hired.  Didn't sound like window dressing, seemed genuine.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

Oh yes they are.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

I am not so sure. This franchise hasn't exactly been a consistent winner during their ownership tenure. 

[Image: Ron-Burgundy-Saying-I-Dont-Believe-You.g...,205&ssl=1]

Quote: @"Rigby" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Thought about it for a moment, but it has to be a no go with the inclusion of Dozier.
Yeah, that's what the 49ers said too.