Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching is embarrassing
Quote: @Clanzomaelan said:
It takes WAY too long for this team to wake up. Very frustrating to watch. If a coach can't pump up a team that is in "win and you're in" mode, he should be long gone.
Honestly it was the offensive side of the ball that has had trouble waking up lately.  Despite all this talent on offense with Kirk, Dalvin, Thielen, and Jefferson...  we have had way too many stretches of poor offense this season.

It's time for a change from Zimmer, but a lot of the offense's struggles you can lay right at Klint Kubiak's feet.

Just not a lot of complimentary football going on this season.  Defense played it's heart out today, but the offense and special teams let us down in this one.  Earlier this season, it was the kicking game and defense squandering leads and wins.

The last time Minnesota defeated Los Angeles happened in Week 11 of the 2017 season. The Vikings won by a final score of 24-7.
Minnesota quarterback Case Keenum completed 27-of-38 passes for 280 yards and a touchdown. Latavius Murray rushed 95 yards and two touchdowns on 15 carries. Adam Thielen caught six passes for 123 yards and a touchdown while Kyle Rudolph caught five passes for 58 yards. Safety Anthony Harris led the Vikings’ defense with a team-high seven tackles.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@Clanzomaelan said:
It takes WAY too long for this team to wake up. Very frustrating to watch. If a coach can't pump up a team that is in "win and you're in" mode, he should be long gone.
Honestly it was the offensive side of the ball that has had trouble waking up lately.  Despite all this talent on offense with Kirk, Dalvin, Thielen, and Jefferson...  we have had way too many stretches of poor offense this season.

It's time for a change from Zimmer, but a lot of the offense's struggles you can lay right at Klint Kubiak's feet.

Just not a lot of complimentary football going on this season.  Defense played it's heart out today, but the offense and special teams let us down in this one.  Earlier this season, it was the kicking game and defense squandering leads and wins.

It's so maddening. I have no clue if Z has his mitts on the offense, or what the deal is, but it seems like Kubiak is compelled to run a lame ass run into a stacked box to push us into an ugly 2nd down, and uglier 3rd down.

If I had one positive to come out of today, it looks like we finally executed on some screens. Usually they look like the sloppiest and ugliest designed plays I've ever seen.

For once, I'd like to see us go out and absolutely dictate the pace of the game. I'd like to see us being the hardest hitting, fastest playing, and meanest team on the field. We never seem to wake up for big games.

I dont think we will ever know whats going on with the offense.
But I would say going through all these offensive coordinators is very telling.

Kirk doesnt always make the best decisions either.
yesterday 3 & goal from the 6. He tried to hit Madison at the 3 yard line. 3 yards short of the goal. When he had Dede coming open on a slant for a TD.
When Kirk was asked about it after the game...Said he made a safe throw.
Even though it was 3 yards short of the goal.
who owns that throw? Kirk or Zimmer?

Quote: @Norse said:
I dont think we will ever know whats going on with the offense.
But I would say going through all these offensive coordinators is very telling.

Kirk doesnt always make the best decisions either.
yesterday 3 & goal from the 6. He tried to hit Madison at the 3 yard line. 3 yards short of the goal. When he had Dede coming open on a slant for a TD.
When Kirk was asked about it after the game...Said he made a safe throw.
Even though it was 3 yards short of the goal.
who owns that throw? Kirk or Zimmer?
IMO,  Kirk is not an instinctive QB,  I think most of his throws are decided on pre snap,  he sees the defense as good as any QB out there,  but instead of using his feet to buy himself more time when he senses pressure,  he will just hit his safe routes.  How many times do we see him drop back against a rush and then immediately throw short of the sticks on a 3rd down regardless of the pressure at the time?  To many times I've seen him use that RB in the flat as his first and only read.