Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we played a real NFL team tonight we lose
Quote: @savannahskol said:
ive been a Vikes fan for a long time.

2 yrs/wins in a  row on the road @ soldier. 

if you’re a vikes fan, you’re elated.  
If elated means underwhelmed and once again not surprised that our team failed to make a statement when it was there for the taking,  then color me elated.

That game last night was absolutely pathetic.  The only thing that kept the Vikings from getting beat was the bears inability to play disciplined football.  

A win is a win,  style points dont count, but thats only in the records and final standings.  Really evaluating that game for what it was that was another example of why the current regime has to go.  Beating a bad team playing with about every card stacked against them is nothing to build on IMO.

Our O strategy was to minimize the Bears deficiency... Horrific play calling from Kubes Jr. 

I'd like to say if we play like this vs the Rams, we'll get throttled. But, we won't. We'll play well enough to keep it to a, say it with me, one score game. 

So over this regime. Well past time.

The game was beyond ugly. Bears had 370 yards offense and we had 193 yards.
Bears 255 yards passing...Vikings 61 yards.
Refs pretty much controlled the game to the Vikings advantage.
Zimmer should really be ashamed of himself.
Next up Rams coming off a really short week.

Ok yall convinced me. 

Truly sorry I enjoyed the win.  

Meh...
one of the worst offensive game plans I've seen in a long, long while...
one of the worst Bears teams I've seen in a long, long while 

Vikings will probably play better vs Rams. They tend to play up or down to their opponents (most of the time). 

I'm curious to see how this .500 type Zimm team plays vs elite NFC talent the next 2 games. 

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
Our O strategy was to minimize the Bears deficiency... Horrific play calling from Kubes Jr. 

I'd like to say if we play like this vs the Rams, we'll get throttled. But, we won't. We'll play well enough to keep it to a, say it with me, one score game. 

So over this regime. Well past time.
So far this year we have ran plays where our targets were our FB and TE running deep fade routes. With 3 games left in the season I cant wait for the Fake Punt Hail Mary. SHOW US WHAT YOU GOT KUBIAK

Quote: @savannahskol said:

Win ugly is still a win.  Offense struggled but the D stepped up.  Game was never in doubt.

Quote: @Norse said:
The game was beyond ugly. Bears had 370 yards offense and we had 193 yards.
Bears 255 yards passing...Vikings 61 yards.
Refs pretty much controlled the game to the Vikings advantage.
Zimmer should really be ashamed of himself.
Next up Rams coming off a really short week.
You mean like allowing Jefferson to be tackled and giving the bears an easy INT?

Quote: @greediron said:
@savannahskol said:

Win ugly is still a win.  Offense struggled but the D stepped up.  Game was never in doubt.
The defense made a lot of great plays, especially on 4th down. Hopefully they have some confidence going into the Rams game...will need the fans to be loud too

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

Meh...
one of the worst offensive game plans I've seen in a long, long while...
one of the worst Bears teams I've seen in a long, long while 

Vikings will probably play better vs Rams. They tend to play up or down to their opponents (most of the time). 

I'm curious to see how this .500 type Zimm team plays vs elite NFC talent the next 2 games. 
Probably. But either way, Viking fans will be pissy. Win ugly, fans pissy, focus not on W, but how we played. Lose pretty, fans pissy, focus not on how we played, but on L. Kick dog. 

This Bears team beat the Bengals and blew out the Raiders. Lost in Pittsburgh on the final play. It's an NFL team. At home. On prime time. Against whom we do not matchup well. MIssing players, but so were we. Offense played poorly, defense played well. Opposite of what we're used to. Either way, Vikings one step closer to playoffs.