Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insert Team Name Here And Covid
I think we really need to know if people have symptoms or not.  There's a difference between testing positive and having symptoms.  Obviously you should quarantine if you have viral load in a sensitive environment, but we, as a society, are not doing anyone any favors when we pretend that no symptoms and a positive test is the same as, having symptoms and a positive test which is the same as having enough symptoms that I go to the doctor.

If I get sick in a normal year for any other disease, no one knows until it gets real bad.  

I heard on talk Radio the Vikings are the second highest team in terms of players with Covid/protocols. 

Makes sense as MN Covid positivity rates are crazy high right now.

15 pediatric ICU beds left in the entire state as of yesterday. Yah kids generally dont suffer symptomatically like adults, but there are too many sick kids in the hospital from Covid right now. Very sad indeed. 

Atlanta Falcons (three players)
  • OLB Emmanuel Ellerbee
  • DB Cornell Armstrong
  • OLB Quinton Bell
Baltimore Ravens (one player)
  • C Trystan Colon
Buffalo Bills (one player)
  • LB Tyrel Dodson
Carolina Panthers (one player)
  • RB Christian McCaffrey
Chicago Bears (five players)
  • DE Mario Edwards
  • DB Artie Burns
  • NT Eddie Goldman
  • LB Sam Kamara
  • OL Elijah Wilkinson
Cincinnati Bengals (one player)
  • LB Clay Johnston
Cleveland Browns (11 players, head coach)
  • HC Kevin Stefanski
  • QB Baker Mayfield
  • DB John Johnson
  • CB Troy Hill
  • DT Malik McDowell
  • DE Ifeadi Odenigbo
  • G Drew Forbes
  • TE Austin Hooper
  • WR Jarvis Landry
  • DE Takkarist McKinley
  • G Wyatt Teller
  • T Jedrick Wills
Dallas Cowboys (one player)
  • CB Nahshon Wright
Houston Texans (five players)
  • LB Kamu Grugier-Hill
  • RB Jaylen Samuels
  • LB Christian Kirksey
  • DB A.J. Moore
  • DE DeMarcus Walker
Indianapolis Colts (one player)
  • LB Zaire Franklin
Kansas City Chiefs (two players)
  • DT Chris Jones
  • LB Willie Gay
Los Angeles Chargers (two players)
  • LT Rashawn Slater
  • G/C Scott Quessenberry
Los Angeles Rams (13 players)
  • CB Jalen Ramsey
  • OT Rob Havenstein
  • DB Dont'e Deayon
  • WR Odell Beckham Jr.
  • DB Terrell Burgess
  • TE Brycen Hopkins
  • DB JuJu Hughes
  • T AJ Jackson
  • NT Sebastian Joseph-Day
  • S Jordan Fuller
  • RB Darrell Henderson Jr.
  • LB Justin Hollins
  • TE Johnny Mundt
Miami Dolphins (four players)
  • S Jevon Holland
  • RB Phillip Lindsay
  • RB Myles Gaskin
  • RB Salvon Ahmed
Minnesota Vikings (seven players)
  • RB Alexander Mattison
  • WR DeDe Westbrook
  • WR Dan Chisena
  • DE Danielle Hunter
  • RB A.J. Rose Jr.
  • OG Kyle Hinton
  • WR Trishton Jackson
New England Patriots (two players)
  • TE Dalton Keene
  • G Yasir Durant
New York Giants (five players)
  • WR Kadarius Toney
  • WR John Ross
  • LB Cam Brown
  • LB Oshane Ximines
  • CB Aaron Robinson
New York Jets (one player)
  • DB Justin Hardee
Philadelphia Eagles (four players)
  • WR Quez Watkins
  • RB Jason Huntley
Pittsburgh Steelers (one player)
  • DE Montravius Adams 
Tennessee Titans (two players)
  • WR Dez Fitzpatrick
  • S Jamal Carter
Washington Football Team (17 players)
  • DT Jonathan Allen
  • QB Kyle Allen
  • DT Matt Ioannidis
  • LB Milo Eifler
  • S Darrick Forrest
  • OT Cornelius Lucas
  • TE Sammis Reyes
  • WR Cam Sims
  • LB David Mayo
  • DE William Bradley-King
  • TE Temarrick Hemingway
  • DB Kendall Fuller
  • DT Tim Settle
  • LB Khaleke Hudson
  • DE James Smith-Williams
  • DE Montez Sweat
  • DE Casey Toohill
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news...69uxgubvw4

ESPN: Washington Football Team's COVID-19 list grows to 18 players with 8 more additions WednesdayWashington has placed 14 players on the COVID list this week --
including eight on Wednesday -- bringing its total to 18 as it prepares
to play the Philadelphia Eagles
on Sunday. Both teams are 6-7, with Washington holding the seventh and
final playoff spot with four games remaining. Coach Ron Rivera said he
has not heard any discussions about possibly canceling the game.
Of
those 18 players, nine were possible starters Sunday. Washington also
has 13 players on injured reserve (two players are on both lists),
leaving the team having to piece together a lineup for a game that
impacts its playoff fate.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3287...atform=amp

Zimmer says that assistant Paul Guenther and three strength coaches are out with COVID but the team is allowed to exit the intensive protocols today. Zimmer added that he's very confident the NFL won't be canceling any games due to the virus.
[Image: dg0MhkXS_bigger.jpg]

[Image: V8EnB3zU_bigger.jpg]
All three Bears coordinators — Bill Lazor, Sean Desai and Chris Tabor are not at Halas Hall. They’re in COVID-19 protocols.

Is it even really news anymore?  If it's to the point where 1/3 of a roster has it,  but most are asymptomatic...whats the point?  The stadium could be 1/3 full of asymptomatic people so are we really protecting those that don't have it?  Common sense has long since left this subject and how we are acting and reacting to it.

Hardly A US only problem. 

Insert Continent/Sport here...

Manchester United announced on Thursday that its English Premier League home fixture against Brighton, which was to be played on Saturday, has been postponed due to "the number of players and support staff having to isolate due to Covid-19"."The health of players and staff is our priority [...] the club had no option other than to request the match be rearranged," United's statement said."The Premier League Board took the decision to postpone based on guidance from medical advisors."
United said that sessions at the club's Carrington training ground were to be suspended for a "short period" to help reduce further transmission.
It is the second rearrangement in a matter of hours, as the league announced earlier on Thursday that Leicester City's home game against Tottenham Hotspur, scheduled to be played later in the day, had also been postponed due to "an increase in positive Covid-19 cases within Leicester's squad."
The league said in a statement that the increase in cases "has left the club [Leicester City] with an insufficient number of players available to fulfill the match," adding that Leicester City's first-team training ground was closed on Thursday morning to help contain the outbreak.

lost in this struggle with covid is the STELLER job the Seahawks have done. They have been the least impacted team by covid. I am very impressed with how they handled this.
If my recollection is correct as of October they had only one player all year who had been out due to covid (TE Gerald Everett)

Quote: @"mblack" said:
lost in this struggle with covid is the STELLER job the Seahawks have done. They have been the least impacted team by covid. I am very impressed with how they handled this.
If my recollection is correct as of October they had only one player all year who had been out due to covid (TE Gerald Everett)
Is it a great effort on their part or just dumb luck?  I talked to a friend yesterday who had just lost her mother to covid.  The only people that had been to see the mother ( who doesn't leave the house for anything)  had all been 3 shot vaccinated  and somehow someway mom got it and died anyway.  I dont think this virus cares about any of our precautions and measures,   its going to do its thing,  take who it takes, and eventually will have run its course and become a nothing burger for most of the world.