Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe there is hope for this new O-Line
maybe we should wait until we play the bears or the packers again before we exhale on our OL concerns.

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
mason cole has started six games this season (some at center, some at guard) and allowed fourteen pressures and no sacks for a 75.7 PFF grade.

he's also just 25 years old. I would extend him this offseason and keep him as the starting right guard with flexibility to play center
It's hard to understand the Herndon trade. To me it seems like a disconnect between the Xs and Os people and the front office people. He's a pass catcher and the Vikings already had Conklin to replace ISJ.

What they needed was a blocker. A fact that became obvious a few days after the Herndon trade when they brought in Stocker (who's been awful IMO). Still, a 4th for Herndon goes in the L column.  

But so many forget that Cole was a trade also. Getting a 25-year-old starting G/C for a 6th rounder definitely goes in the W column. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
maybe we should wait until we play the bears or the packers again before we exhale on our OL concerns.
Akeem Hicks and Kenny Clark approve this message.

I believe Brandel got some reps at C. That might be the C of the future.

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
Did he? I could be wrong, but I only saw him play the 3rd tackle in heavy packages. Either way, he had a good game last night.  

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
Did he? I could be wrong, but I only saw him play the 3rd tackle in heavy packages. Either way, he had a good game last night.  
Left out "in the preseason".

It hink the fact that the Steelers run a 34 and they don't have a huge hulk at the nose definitely played into Bradburys favor. With that said the entire line played well. Udoh still struggles in pass blocking but when he gets his hands on you in the running game it's over. I saw him rag doll a couple guys last night. Cleveland continues to look like our best lineman 

We need a vet Center with an anchor for 2022

Cole or Davis can develop into a quality G, Cleveland is your LG, the tackles are good to go.  

Next year’s team needs on a new C on offense and a new HC+OC

Should be good because we need resources to grab a pass rusher, shut down corner, and a playmaking LB. 

This probably helped:

Second Thoughts: In Dalvin Cook's return, Vikings opened up the playbook to open big holes
The Vikings complemented their zone running game with more gap scheme runs (12, according to Pro Football Focus) than they've used all season. Their first run of the game — a 20-yard Cook gain — came off an old-fashioned counter trap play that had Ezra Cleveland and C.J. Ham out in front of the running back. Cook's 30-yard run later in the first quarter came out of a spread formation where Justin Jefferson motioned out of the backfield and brought a Steelers defender with him, leaving the Vikings' offensive line to take advantage of a light box. And on Cook's 29-yard touchdown in the second quarter, the Vikings lined up with Luke Stocker and offensive lineman Blake Brandel (as an extra tight end) next to C.J. Ham on the line of scrimmage, running a duo play that Cook bounced outside before strolling into the end zone.

Changing up the running scheme, that was a novel idea, what someone wake up VirtualRico™️…? 
Wink 

https://www.startribune.com/dalvin-cook-return-vikings-steelers-harrison-smith-patrick-peterson-second-thoughts-ben-goessling/600125902/

What about the OSU guard we drafted, when will he have a chance to show his wares?  Hopefully, gets some playing time since this team not going anywhere...