Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fire zimmervnow
Quote: @Akvike said:
No D can win if the mindset is to play off 7/8 yds and try and react as the Wr/Rb comes at you at a full head of steam and then make a split second decision is he going inside or out.  This bullsheet of not playing up and jamming your man and going with him to re route the play is ridiculous.
this... 110% this,  I am so fucking tired of the cushions given by our DBs, but especially in this situation where the clock was not the lions friend,  they could have added 2 seconds to every play on that drive if they played a press coverage with a 2 high safety.  Make the QB hold the ball an extra second or two while those receivers get off their jams.  make the Qb fit the ball over the corner but under the safeties.  JFC i cant believe that we saw what we saw on sunday, its just beyond me how a so called defensive great like Zimmer could have thought that was the best approach to that situation.  We had 8 guys in coverage on that final play... for the love of God, how does that happen?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Akvike said:
No D can win if the mindset is to play off 7/8 yds and try and react as the Wr/Rb comes at you at a full head of steam and then make a split second decision is he going inside or out.  This bullsheet of not playing up and jamming your man and going with him to re route the play is ridiculous.
this... 110% this,  I am so fucking tired of the cushions given by our DBs, but especially in this situation where the clock was not the lions friend,  they could have added 2 seconds to every play on that drive if they played a press coverage with a 2 high safety.  Make the QB hold the ball an extra second or two while those receivers get off their jams.  make the Qb fit the ball over the corner but under the safeties.  JFC i cant believe that we saw what we saw on sunday, its just beyond me how a so called defensive great like Zimmer could have thought that was the best approach to that situation.  We had 8 guys in coverage on that final play... for the love of God, how does that happen?
We were setting them up for a special double A-gap blitz that we were going to use if they got a new set of downs. Does that make sense yet?  Confused