Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTF, that cushion by the secondary....

Just watching that play again, Cam Dantzler.....what in the actual fuck are you doing!? 

That sure looked like it was on Dantzler and not Woods??

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
Just watching that play again, Cam Dantzler.....what in the actual fuck are you doing!? 
This is obviously why this dumbass has been in the doghouse.

How do you allow a guy to just stroll into the fucking end zone on the last play of the game and let Goff play pitch and catch!? Just inexcusable!

Just wow.  They had just flashed the win probability on the screen on NFL Network ahead of that play - Vikings - 94%.  I believe that Zimmer actually called a time out prior to that play (didn't like that as I believe that was only to the Lion's advantage at that point).  Regardless, there is no way that should be the result, coming off of a time out to make sure you are all set to deny this play from reaching the end zone.  Six Viking defenders at least 5 yards deep in the end zone when Goff throws the pass.  Unbelievably piss poor coaching and execution.  

I have to be honest, deep down inside, I kinda expected this to happen today and almost walked away at halftime, thinking to myself, "yep, exactly what I thought - a shitting of the bed", but instead, stuck around to see if we we do anything after halftime and ended up getting sucked back into the idea that we could actually win it only to then lose it on this abortion of a defensive "effort". Kinda sums up the essence of being a Vikings fan, really.  If the Lions were going to get one and only one win this season, why wouldn't it be against us?  It makes total sense with this coach.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
This is obviously why this dumbass has been in the doghouse.
Our cornerback situation has been a shit show all year long and I'd hate to see it if we hadn't signed Pat Peterson on the trail end of his career what it would look like. The fact that Zimmer's bread and butter is cornerback development and we've spent so much draft capital on the position and its probably going to be our biggest need this off-season is a huge indictment on Zimmer and Spielman. That's some Mayock level shit right there. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Prevent defense damn near that whole last drive...They blitzed Smith once. 

3 2 point conversions missed.
I'm not opposed to their approach in their own territory, but you need to be more aggressive once you're inside your own 40 yard line. If anything else, you need to prevent them from getting out of bounds which happened multiple times. Isn't that the point of prevent defense, to bleed the clock? 

The bigger issue is that the Lions were discombobulated at the LOS and we called a TO to get in the our preferred defense which miserably failed. Dantzler is supposed to sand on the goal line and not go deeper than it. If Dantzler is in front of that route its a touch throw which allows Woods to get over and break it up.