Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florida and Other Coastal Longshippers - Be Safe!
Be Safe All... 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
As a side note, I still haven't died from Ebola...
I LOL'd

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Right now the forecast is calling for 2-6" of rain for the Tampa Bay area, and tropical storm winds of 39-79 mph...hitting in two days...I think I've been in worse blizzards...

As a side note, I still haven't died from Ebola...
The wind will be the issue.  Not worried about rain at all.  

9 out of 10 deaths or injuries are related to flooding and storm surge, not the wind during a hurricane.

We will all be hoping for the best for you and thinking about you throughout this storm.

To all those in the path of this...  I wish the best for you.... and

Don't be stupid.

Keep your heads down and snorkels close!  I'll take living in tornado alley over hurricane alley every time.  Stay safe yawl!!

11 am update: path shifts slightly west again. The Keys still in it deep, Miami a little less but it could go up the West coast of Florida instead of the East coast now

Quote: @StickyBun said:
11 am update: path shifts slightly west again. The Keys still in it deep, Miami a little less but it could go up the West coast of Florida instead of the East coast now

That's what I heard this morning too, with the "eye" going directly towards Naples.  Good luck, Sticky.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@StickyBun said:

That's what I heard this morning too, with the "eye" going directly towards Naples.  Good luck, Sticky.
Thanks Happy. Its rough because while this latest update is very good for where I live in Boca Raton (East side), its bad for people on the west side, like Naples. And it could change again at the 2 pm update. Such a yo-yo of emotions. Hurricane fatigue already and its not even here yet.