Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We gave up 500 yds and 36 first downs
Also, when the game goes into OT, we lose the flip, and Barr makes an incredible INT, our offensive play calling was terrible. Good teams mae the other team pay. This tea goes ultra conservative and let's the other team off the hook.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Getting Smith back will help some, but losing Hunter (again) is just tough to try and overcome...Today could be a harbinger for the remainder of the season.

This offense is going to have to put up some pretty big #'s to keep things competitive.

Small ball will only keep the L's rolling in. 
I actually thought Bynum played better than Smith has this year, he had pretty good coverage all game and made an incredible interception that Smith never would have made and really should have been the turning point of the game if we would have actually tried to score a TD.  I really loved that draft pick and thought he was one of the steals of the draft and would like to see him play more.  Smith has been declining for some time and not sure why we ever gave him the extension.  Bynum is a big part of the future of this secondary.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
@purplefaithful said:
Getting Smith back will help some, but losing Hunter (again) is just tough to try and overcome...Today could be a harbinger for the remainder of the season.

This offense is going to have to put up some pretty big #'s to keep things competitive.

I actually thought Bynum played better than Smith has this year, he had pretty good coverage all game and made an incredible interception that Smith never would have made and really should have been the turning point of the game if we would have actually tried to score a TD.  I really loved that draft pick and thought he was one of the steals of the draft and would like to see him play more.  Smith has been declining for some time and not sure why we ever gave him the extension.  Bynum is a big part of the future of this secondary.  
Not sure why Smith wouldn't have made that INT, other than perhaps he would have been stopping the run instead.  That was a great play, but Smith isn't the problem.

Quote: @greediron said:
@JR44 said:
Not sure why Smith wouldn't have made that INT, other than perhaps he would have been stopping the run instead.  That was a great play, but Smith isn't the problem.
Not saying he is the problem, but he isn't part of the solution either, he has been a great Viking, but he is no longer the impact player he use to be.  He does not have the athleticism of a Bynum, no way he is able to make that diving catch, plus, I don't see him in position to jump the route.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
@purplefaithful said:

I read Bynum only gave up 3 catches for a total of 22 yards...that's impressive.

Nothing wrong in having a potential backfill and depth for Harry and secondary...Bynum had a nice game.

How's this for finding fun and creative new ways to lose?

Thielen + JJ vs Ravens = Five catches for 75 yards and a touchdown. Jefferson's 50-yard strike — is the duo's paltriest production in a game this season. It's the fewest grabs they've combined for in a Vikings loss across 23 games together.

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@JR44 said:
@purplefaithful said:

I read Bynum only gave up 3 catches for a total of 22 yards...that's impressive.

The guy I saw getting BBQ'd the entire second half was Boyd.