Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Agent for Thielen, Ham and others
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Chuckf said:
@AGRforever said:
@Chuckf said:
@AGRforever said:
Is the "throwing past the sticks" a product of poor play calling, Cousins or coaching?  Don't get me wrong I agree, I just don't know how you fix it. 
That is THE question isn't it?   It seems to me Cousins was really frustrated last night at times and even the offense didn't execute plays with any urgency, almost as if they disagreed with the play calls?
I'm trying to give Cousin's a pass here. If you look at our wins (all come backs) he's been lights out when give the chance to shine. 

I'm leaning towards play calling and coaching.  If the route is supposed to be 5 yards, you can't cut it off at 4. 

Also are these 5 yard and 3 yard checkdown passes on 3rd and 8 because NONE of our downfield receivers are open?   
Sometimes I am sure they are,  but other times he hits that check down so fast its apparent that he made the decision pre snap based on what he saw.  There was at least 1 or 2 plays last night that he read pressure,  the cowboys rolled out of it,  but KC had already made his mind up to hit the safety valve and get out of harms way.   Last night we saw the same KC that we saw a few years ago where when pressured he either froze or he rushed his mechanics badly and air mailed some passes.  his head wasnt in it to win it,  his head was making business decisions IMO.
I kinda like Cousins for his accuracy and availability, which are both outstanding, but the game last night seems to play into a long time narrative that when the lights are the brightest, Cousins plays small.  I do not necessarily agree with that because I do strongly believe that he is somewhat hamstrung by the play-calling that from what I have heard, he is limited at best in correcting at the line via audibles.  I would like to see Zimmer and his conservative as hell approach be shown the door asap and see what Cousins is able to do when not chained to dogmatically dull game planning (or lack of game planning maybe?) by the coaching staff.

Go back and watch the 3rd down pass where Cousins over severely overthrows a wide open Conklin for a first down that would have gotten us into scoring position and instead of being made at himself went and blamed a WR who he felt ran the wrong route on the other side of the field.  That tells you all you need to know.  The guy is not a winner.  4-20 as a Viking starter against winning teams and 3-19 before coming here, so I think it is pretty clear who the problem is.  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
OK, cool. But what is he even talking about? Zimmer? Cousins? The conservative offense? The defense? All of the above? Hopefully he's a little more "transparent" today. Chances are, though, now that he's sober, nothing will be said. 
This. I kept thinking last night, "Oooooohhhhhh! Juicy!" (Yeah, yeah, the season is turning ugly and I am not above being entertained by drama/gossip  Wink).

Then woke up today realizing that may have been some liquid courage that drive him to that comment. Cooler heads, and all.

Quote: @JR44 said:
Go back and watch the 3rd down pass where Cousins over severely overthrows a wide open Conklin for a first down that would have gotten us into scoring position and instead of being made at himself went and blamed a WR who he felt ran the wrong route on the other side of the field.  That tells you all you need to know.  The guy is not a winner.  4-20 as a Viking starter against winning teams and 3-19 before coming here, so I think it is pretty clear who the problem is.  
It wasn't for a first down.   Conklin was short of the sticks.  Might have made it, but not guaranteed.   If it wasn't for Cousin's the Vikings would be 0-7 right now.  He has bailed out Zimmer twice and almost bailed him out vs. Cincinnati and Arizona

Quote: @Chuckf said:
@JR44 said:
It wasn't for a first down.   Conklin was short of the sticks.  Might have made it, but no garauntee.
Based on 45+ years of watching Viking football I would say with certainty that he would have ended up short....or fumbled.  That is why you should always design plays for Ham coming out of the backfield it is like watching Sweetness in his prime.  

Quote: @minny65 said:
@Chuckf said:
@JR44 said:
It wasn't for a first down.   Conklin was short of the sticks.  Might have made it, but no garauntee.
Based on 45+ years of watching Viking football I would say with certainty that he would have ended up short....or fumbled.  That is why you should always design plays for Ham coming out of the backfield it is like watching Sweetness in his prime.  
LMFAO!!  RIGHT?  I about died when they called Ham's number on a what, 3rd and 7 or so?   UNREAL.  45 years?  I am right with you.  First game I watched in its entirety was the 1973 NFC Title game.  Pure roller coaster since that fateful day.

Quote: @Chuckf said:

LMFAO!!  RIGHT?  I about died when they called Ham's number on a what, 3rd and 7 or so?   UNREAL.  45 years?  I am right with you.  First game I watched in its entirety was the 1973 NFC Title game.  Pure roller coaster since that fateful day.
I fondly remember watching that game with my dad.  Not so many fond memories since the glory days, long ago...

well.... its tomorrow so where is this transparency we were promised?  or is this one of those its always gonna be tomorrow things?

Quote: @mblack said:
Here is the update...
https://twitter.com/blakebaratz/status/1...7802021893
I would like to know who he considers to be a "decision maker."