Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It’s over . . Time to let go
Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
I am not pissed at the refs. Refs are going to ref ball but we got some calls too. I want Zimmer gone. 16 points. Absolutely embarrassing.
Vikings offense was gifted 33,yards on that last 60 yard scoring drive, had 1st and goal from the 4 and settled for a FG. That is unacceptable.

Where are those great building blocks again? Going to leave the next regime with a rookie QB that looks like PS material, an aging Theilen, a broken offensive and defensive line, an overpaid, always injured OLB, underperforming corners, an old safety that hasn't made a play all year, and a good RB that's starting to show signs of wear?

This thing isn't getting fixed tomorrow, but I agree we CAN stop shooting ourselves in the foot, and make some needed changes. It's a total crap shoot the next regime will be any better.

Quote: @"kmillard" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
I am not pissed at the refs. Refs are going to ref ball but we got some calls too. I want Zimmer gone. 16 points. Absolutely embarrassing.
Vikings offense was gifted 33,yards on that last 60 yard scoring drive, had 1st and goal from the 4 and settled for a FG. That is unacceptable.
I know. They didn't capitalize on the opportunity. Shot themselves in the foot instead.

Yep. I know each one has his ardent supporters amongst fans (I myself have been a Spielman backer for a long time), but at this point we’ve simply laid too many eggs in too many big spots for too many years. It’s impossible to know who exactly shoulders more or less of the blame out of our “big 3”. A fresh start seems the best move. Time to clean house either now or at the end of the year. And if you can’t move Kirk then bench him and move on. 

I am a really calm guy but so pissed right now that I actually need to avoid others.  Zimmer coaches so bland, so vanilla, so boring, so uptight and so predictable that it is painful to watch and absolutely joyless.  Sucking the fun out of the sport and turning it into grinding pressure-cooker when it does not have to be.  Someone mentioned that he coaches small.  That is a great depiction of him.  Always played "not to lose".   How many times do we play down to competition, do we allow unknown back-ups just run/pass all over us.  I continued to give a pass to Zimmer with the Lions last second win (that felt like a loss honestly) because it is a division game.  This tonight, was just a steaming pile of shit from the moment we concluded the first drive.   The Wilf's need to fire his ass to keep the fanbase into this season. Status quo can't continue.  This has reached criss mode from my fan perspective.  I hope the Wilf's feel the same, I guess we shall see.

Zimmer does not want to punch the opponent in the mouth. He doesn't want to keep his foot on the gas. It's just so stale when they could be more. Keep your foot on their throats. I just can't with this bland and boring mess.

Quote: @"mgobluevikes" said:
Where are those great building blocks again? Going to leave the next regime with a rookie QB that looks like PS material, an aging Theilen, a broken offensive and defensive line, an overpaid, always injured OLB, underperforming corners, an old safety that hasn't made a play all year, and a good RB that's starting to show signs of wear?

This thing isn't getting fixed tomorrow, but I agree we CAN stop shooting ourselves in the foot, and make some needed changes. It's a total crap shoot the next regime will be any better.
I think they're turning the corner with the OL, now they need time together, experience and an upgrade @ Center
I think KC can play a few more years if he's willing to give a bit on contract
Too early for me to judge Mond, but not counting on that one
The D needs re-tooling and they got a lot of guys on 1 years. 
100% agree on Smith

Quote: @"mblack" said:
@"Mike Olson" said:
Been saying it for a while now.

At least three years.
I concur. Dont worry many will come around slowly. We have not seen the worst yet. we are still to play Greenbay and Chicago. “Fun” times ahead indeed
That's GB and Chicago twice each, plus @Ravens, @Chargers, and the Rams.  Ugh.

Quote: @"RS Express" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"Mike Olson" said:
Been saying it for a while now.

At least three years.
I concur. Dont worry many will come around slowly. We have not seen the worst yet. we are still to play Greenbay and Chicago. “Fun” times ahead indeed
That's GB and Chicago twice each, plus @Ravens, @Chargers, and the Rams.  Ugh.
With that remaining schedule?

They'll be lucky to see 6 wins playing the way they have this season. 

Down on Zim since 2016.
Down on Rick since 2019.
Down on Kirk since I first saw him play in purple.
Down on Wilf since forever.  Does he look up from raking in dough and building buildings long enough to ever give a shit?  I doubt it.   If he cared about us fans he wouldn't have been subjecting us to this shitshow for so many years.

It's hopeless.  I'm going off to shoot myself.  Goodnight.