Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And now they will ask Kirk to go win the game
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Mike Olson" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Mike Olson" said:
After calling a horse shit ball control game they will want him to go win the game.
Some of those lame ass plays were squarely on Cousins,  how many times tonight did he throw to a very covered receiver behind the LOs resulting in a loss?  WTF can't he just throw a ball away?  WTF when teams stack the LOS and bail out can't Cousins see that, like opposing teams QBs do when our D does it,  and allow players to make plays down field?

This shit is beyond old.   Its like offense or defense if the opposing team doesn't do what we expect...they get rewarded and our  players have no clue .   The name of the game is winning off script plays and we just don't seem to be prepared ro play after the initial push of any snap.
Oh I agree. But when you have that gameplan and the defense knows exactly what you are going to run every play it is asking him to make chicken soup out of chicken shit. He threw several away tonight and got a grounding call for it. This OC is a massive turd as well. 
The problem ain't Cousins.....but he's probably run his course here in Minnesota after this contract. He's going to get thrown out with the bathwater as baby Z and GM Spielman get ousted (hopefully). I just think a chunk of the fanbase will never embrace Cousins. 
It would be interesting to see him operate with the autonomy some other QBs get.  Or maybe this is his input in game plans and freedom to change plays at the line?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Mike Olson" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Mike Olson" said:
After calling a horse shit ball control game they will want him to go win the game.
Some of those lame ass plays were squarely on Cousins,  how many times tonight did he throw to a very covered receiver behind the LOs resulting in a loss?  WTF can't he just throw a ball away?  WTF when teams stack the LOS and bail out can't Cousins see that, like opposing teams QBs do when our D does it,  and allow players to make plays down field?

This shit is beyond old.   Its like offense or defense if the opposing team doesn't do what we expect...they get rewarded and our  players have no clue .   The name of the game is winning off script plays and we just don't seem to be prepared ro play after the initial push of any snap.
Oh I agree. But when you have that gameplan and the defense knows exactly what you are going to run every play it is asking him to make chicken soup out of chicken shit. He threw several away tonight and got a grounding call for it. This OC is a massive turd as well. 
The problem ain't Cousins.....but he's probably run his course here in Minnesota after this contract. He's going to get thrown out with the bathwater as baby Z and GM Spielman get ousted (hopefully). I just think a chunk of the fanbase will never embrace Cousins. 
It would be interesting to see him operate with the autonomy some other QBs get.  Or maybe this is his input in game plans and freedom to change plays at the line?
Agreed.

3rd and 5, let's throw a 2 yard pass. 3rd and 8, let's throw a 4 yard pass. Fail and fail. 4th ad inches we throw a 19 yard pass. This is what is frustrating. When we made that FG against Detroit, I was sad, because it extended this shit show.

Quote: @"JoDakota" said:
3rd and 5, let's throw a 2 yard pass. 3rd and 8, let's throw a 4 yard pass. Fail and fail. 4th ad inches we throw a 19 yard pass. This is what is frustrating. When we made that FG against Detroit, I was sad, because it extended this shit show.
Other than the 4th down pass to Theilen and the 3rd and 1 to Conklin, did the Vikings ONCE throw the ball past the sticks on 3rd down the rest of the game?  I honestly don't think they did.

But who are these receivers that are running routes 2 yards short of the sticks? They get a pass while the QB gets torched for throwing it short? Who's our WR coach that teaches this garbage?

Quote: @"mgobluevikes" said:
But who are these receivers that are running routes 2 yards short of the sticks? They get a pass while the QB gets torched for throwing it short? Who's our WR coach that teaches this garbage?
Keenan McCardell....

Jet has spoken very highly of him as a position coach. I dont think he's the biggest turd on that staff. 

There's a lot of nepotism in Eagan too. 

Quote: @"mgobluevikes" said:
the routes are what the routes are,  if a receiver doesnt run the route called,  what good is he,  Cousins is looking for guys to be where they are supposed to be and if they arent there he will panic and thats when shit really gets ugly... uglier....of for shits sake.. this has gotten so bad I cant even think of the words to describe it.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Mike Olson" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Mike Olson" said:

I don’t think anyone is holding Cousins back.  I just don’t think Cousins has great game
awareness.  He’s not going to get the
offense out of a bad situation and into a good situation.  The elite QBs will fix bad playcalls and work
with their coaches to adapt to what the defense is doing and I don’t think
there’s really evidence that happens with Cousins.  It doesn’t make any sense to me that a coach would
actively hold back their veteran QB. 
Literally every person knows that the best QBs are switching things up
pre-snap, so I struggle with the idea that a coach wouldn’t have those options
available.  I think you only remove those
options for dumb QBs that you want to simplify what they’re doing and limit
what they can focus on.  If the coaches
are limiting Cousins ability to improve the situation, then it is equally as
damning for Cousins as it is for the coaching staff.
That said, whatever the reason is, we're not seeing enough fixing stuff at the line, and we need to figure out how to start seeing it.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Mike Olson" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Mike Olson" said:

I don’t think anyone is holding Cousins back.  I just don’t think Cousins has great game
awareness.  He’s not going to get the
offense out of a bad situation and into a good situation.  The elite QBs will fix bad playcalls and work
with their coaches to adapt to what the defense is doing and I don’t think
there’s really evidence that happens with Cousins.  It doesn’t make any sense to me that a coach would
actively hold back their veteran QB. 
Literally every person knows that the best QBs are switching things up
pre-snap, so I struggle with the idea that a coach wouldn’t have those options
available.  I think you only remove those
options for dumb QBs that you want to simplify what they’re doing and limit
what they can focus on.  If the coaches
are limiting Cousins ability to improve the situation, then it is equally as
damning for Cousins as it is for the coaching staff.
That said, whatever the reason is, we're not seeing enough fixing stuff at the line, and we need to figure out how to start seeing it.

he also plays for a coach that after 4 years decided that he and his starting QB should collaborate,  that same coach that has said he wouldnt be deviating from how he wants the team to run "if he goes out it will be on his own terms, doing it his way" ( paraphrasing there )  I have my doubts that we would see much of a change from Cousins,  but I dont think he has the freedoms to do things that other top tier veteran QBs have.