Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet 3-3.....
Quote: @Bullazin said:
There was an informative link posted last week with a film breakdown on Darrisaw.  Over and over the reviewer pointed out errors made by Darrisaw, however he kept talking about how Kubes has schemed to consistently get the ball out at the top of his drop. Less than 2 seconds. 

This is excellent coaching and scheme to cover our Oline deficiencies. 

We need to run the ball better against good teams. Dalvin is having a down year in my view, but we certainly are not opening huge gaps in the run game either
I don’t think Dalvin is having a “down year” but I agree he’s has some plays where the safety tackles him after a 9-10 yard gain where if he could just break that one more tackle, it’d be a house call. So he’s been really close to having a much better year, I’d say. Also for whatever reason the screen passes to him have been less effective then I remember in previous years. 

But for the most part he still looks amazing and if he can stay mostly healthy the rest of the way I think we’ll look at this another phenomenal year from him. 

To your first point, that’s interesting and I agree— kudos to Kubiak for helping out his QB and his OL. Keep it up!

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Bullazin said:
There was an informative link posted last week with a film breakdown on Darrisaw.  Over and over the reviewer pointed out errors made by Darrisaw, however he kept talking about how Kubes has schemed to consistently get the ball out at the top of his drop. Less than 2 seconds. 

This is excellent coaching and scheme to cover our Oline deficiencies. 

We need to run the ball better against good teams. Dalvin is having a down year in my view, but we certainly are not opening huge gaps in the run game either
I don't see the down year for Dalvin. IMO, he's running as well as he ever has when he's been healthy. 

However, that piece on Darrisaw showed how the Vikings were scheming to help him out. Mostly, having Cousins get rid of the ball quickly on timing routes, after short drops. 

So it begs the question: why were we not doing this before? Especially considering how poor our OL has been up until this year. I sort of WANT to believe that Cousins just wasn't very good at it before, and now he is.

Because if you combine that new-found internal clock with a little bit better protection and you could get a phenomenal year out of this offense. 
Hopefully it was a learning experience for the coaches.  they really wanted to make sure Darrisaw had a good first game.

The flip side, it makes the offense more predictable and the fans whine about being conservative and the coach not having a killer instinct.

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
Agreed. So far, Dallas is the most efficient offense in the NFL and when you watch them it shows. Vikes will need to score at least 30 to win this one I think
They just beat the Eagles, Panthers, Giants and Patriots who have a collective 10-18 record, so really would not be too impressed with anything they have done.  They play in the worst division in sports and still can't win a division title, yet every year they are made up to be some great team.  Most overrated team in the league which will be shown on Sunday when we crush them.