Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer on offense
I would have kept feeding the Jefferson beast until they proved they could stop it...

You can call it conservative play calling, I call it no killer instinct.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I would have kept feeding the Jefferson beast until they proved they could stop it...

Zimmer has always been that way.  Get the lead, sit on it and hope the defensive can preserve the win...

Vikings offense is dead last in average yards to gain on 3rd down with 8.7. Stop running the ball on second and long and throw to your studs

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@purplefaithful said:

Zimmer has always been that way.  Get the lead, sit on it and hope the defensive can preserve the win...

Isn't this what Diggs was frustrated about among other things? Anyway Diggs was the cancer.

Can't blame him, he probably didn't want to have his QB sneak up on him again and pound his chest

Quote: @mblack said:
@ArizonaViking said:
@purplefaithful said:

Isn't this what Diggs was frustrated about among other things? Anyway Diggs was the cancer.

Absolutely and now he gets to be utilized to his fullest. If they aren't careful, Jefferson could leave too.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

He could have had 250 yards receiving with that secondary

Have we even had an 2nd half offensive TD, help me out here…

edit: haven’t scored one since week 1 
Confused 

I wonder if the playcalling and time management would be viewed differently by fans if they had won against the Bengals and Cardinals? Both games were well within reach for wins (on the road). 

But, running out the clock beginning with the 2nd half is a little frustrating. That is not the halftime adjustment I care to see. 

The Vikings seem to like sitting on a lead, even when they don’t have it. 

Quote: @BStads said:
I wonder if the playcalling and time management would be viewed differently by fans if they had won against the Bengals and Cardinals? Both games were well within reach for wins (on the road). 

But, running out the clock beginning with the 2nd half is a little frustrating. That is not the halftime adjustment I care to see. 

The Vikings seem to like sitting on a lead, even when they don’t have it. 

Na, we’d just feel less snake bit….  B)