Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was nice to see Darrisaw out there today!
"He's still got a ways to go," coach Mike Zimmer said. "We're just trying to break him in easy. It's really got nothing to do with conditioning now. It's about practice time."

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
"He's still got a ways to go," coach Mike Zimmer said. "We're just trying to break him in easy. It's really got nothing to do with conditioning now. It's about practice time."
If he's got a ways to go then Hill has a it aint freaking happening to go. It's obvious, just like Breeland and Dantzler so stop being stubborn and make the change

Was he one of the linemen that propelled Mattison into the endzone on that pass as well.  I know Bradbury was there, but couldn't see if it was Darrisaw or Cleveland helping out.  Mattison was stopped until the 2 lineman moved that pile into the endzone.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I am glad they got him some reps in this game.  He looked good, but he wasn't the one the Lions planned on facing.  No doubt he is better than Hill, but he has barely practiced, and his practices are in game weeks so there isn't a ton of hitting.  Some game reps are exactly what he needs to get in football shape and speed.

he is better in pass pro ( this is kind of a big deal in a pass friendly league on a team with a high dollar QB and 2 top tier WRs)  he is better in run blocking,  also a big deal on a team coached by a man that thinks its still 1984 and that we can grind out games on the ground.... so WTF is Hill doing in the game when they know we have to pass and their linemen can pin their ears back and just come after the pocket QB?

Quote: @greediron said:
Was he one of the linemen that propelled Mattison into the endzone on that pass as well.  I know Bradbury was there, but couldn't see if it was Darrisaw or Cleveland helping out.  Mattison was stopped until the 2 lineman moved that pile into the endzone.
I reviewed the film and from what i saw, Bradbury and Cleveland were the two

He looked good in the video with all of his reps. Very active hands, has a good base and wasn't getting pushed around like Hill. Hopefully, he is starting very soon. I'm also curious what it will take for Davis to break through and start over Udoh. Udoh has been very up and down so far, had some bad penalties, but probably has a stronger case to remain starting than Hill, but I want to see what Davis can do.

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
@greediron said:
I reviewed the film and from what i saw, Bradbury and Cleveland were the two
Thought it was cleveland, but saw Darrisaw jersey in the celebration.  Couldn't really tell watching it on my phone.

Quote: @Tyr said:
He looked good in the video with all of his reps. Very active hands, has a good base and wasn't getting pushed around like Hill. Hopefully, he is starting very soon. I'm also curious what it will take for Davis to break through and start over Udoh. Udoh has been very up and down so far, had some bad penalties, but probably has a stronger case to remain starting than Hill, but I want to see what Davis can do.
I think you have to stick with Oli and see if Davis can push out Cleveland.  He looks like he is too tall without enough mass to be a strong LG.  Oli has been up and down but he also is playing is 7th game.  He looks to be stronger than Cleveland, more stout and harder to get around

Quote: @Tyr said:

I generally like what I've seen out of Udoh and think we might have found our guard combo with him and Cleveland. To me Bradberry is still the weak link on the interior and I hope Davis is getting some practice reps and cross training at center with the thought of having a bigger, stronger player in there.