Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It’s Over Folks
...and we drafted 2 top rd. o-linemen that likely won't see the field this year. This doesn't make any sense unless our college scouting staff needs to be fired.

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
How can some teams turn around their OL in a year or two and the OL has been an issue since Zimmer got here.
draft pick investments VS spending big on FA

FA can give you instant feedback in performance. Draft picks you need time. Bradburry, great example.  1st round pick, not proving to be worth it nor a second contract
I get that but clearly the Vikings have not faired well drafting or in free agency which is a huge problem because every year the OL is an issue. Hoping for the best with Darrisaw and Davis but we'll see.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
How can some teams turn around their OL in a year or two and the OL has been an issue since Zimmer got here.
Coaching matters.  Zimmer's had a revolving door at OC and OL coach, and the OL coaching has been suspect imo.   And it's pretty clear he doesn't value it like he does defense.  For a head guy he is way too focused on one side of the ball.  Head guy has to make every part of the team matter 100% and be on top of all of it, not just blabbing like he did a few weeks back about "Ask the offensive guys around the league, they'll say I've still got it".  That's a DC quote, not a HC quote.

It was also part of his history of failing to get h.c. jobs before he finally landed this one.  He would show for interviews with no prep on who he'd hire as staff.   It appears that philosophy never changed. 

I think Darrisaw starts this week vs. the Lions. Bradbury had another terrible game. His pass protection is terrible. He was bull rushed into Cousins lap all game and we had no answers to stop it. Kubiak is proving to be an effective opening drive OC where everything is scripted based on a team's tendencies. Once adjustments are made, he seems unable to counter their counters.  

Quote: @"TBro" said:
I think Darrisaw starts this week vs. the Lions. Bradbury had another terrible game. His pass protection is terrible. He was bull rushed into Cousins lap all game and we had no answers to stop it. Kubiak is proving to be an effective opening drive OC where everything is scripted based on a team's tendencies. Once adjustments are made, he seems unable to counter their counters.  
Its frustrating seeing opposing teams make adjustments the next drive after being exposed but it takes Zimmer until half time to fix his when things aren't going well.

Quote: @"TBro" said:
Back in the days of Childress, sans Favre, the offense would have a great opening drive score a TD or a FG and then nothing the rest of the day.
This offense reminds me of that, seems they plan that first drive well, then go blank as to what to do the rest of the game.

Quote: @"Lee 19" said:
The Vikings are what they are. They are not good enough to beat Baltimore, Green Bay, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco. They were vastly overrated in training camp.
They are mostly overrated by fans on these message boards!

The only reason they made the 2017 nfc championship game was because Rogers missed most of the year. Zimmer should have been fired after they lost to a Chicago team that had nothing to play for in 2018. The Wilf’s need to clean house and dump Spielman as well.
I felt that way back then also. Maybe they will finally clean house if they don't turn it around. 

The schedule only gets tougher. What a disappointment this team is. It’s going to be a long 14 weeks. The only thing that will make the off-season worthwhile is a new regime.
NOTHING IS OVER!!!!  YOU ASKED ME I DIDNT ASK YOU!!!
OVER THERE I RAN MILLION DOLLAR EQUIPMENT!! OVER  HERE ..  I CANT EVEN KEEP A JOB PARKING CARS!!!!   ”sob” 

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
Quote: @"Skodin" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
draft pick investments VS spending big on FA

FA can give you instant feedback in performance. Draft picks you need time. Bradburry, great example.  1st round pick, not proving to be worth it nor a second contract
It isn’t
ne essarily the talent on the oline but what the HC mandates we do on offense that is the biggest issue. We are so fucking vanilla, that I can know what they are going to call on almost every play. Imagine being a paid professional DC with all the tools and analysis. We are a fucking joke because out stone aged coachmandates it. Think about it. In an era where every rule is geared to help the offense we decide to be a vanilla offese. What the fuck? There is a reason Norv Turner gave up and left. There is a reason that offensive players get fed up here.