Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Misc. Thoughts: Seahawks
This is from the 1st 3 games of the season against the Vikings:

[Image: 88ajnzh0xeb2.png]

Quote: @"greediron" said:
A nit to pick, Zimmer has been pretty good at adjustments mid game.  Not sure if anyone remembers the Frazier era.
Les is still watching the tape.

I have to agree, though I was all for firing both Zimmers during the first quarter last Sunday.  My main issue with our adjustments is that they seem to take a full half to get done, which is too long in the NFL.

Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:
So, I may have overacted a bit after the first two losses but here are my miscellaneous thoughts about the Seahawks game.
  • 3 biggest disappointments:  (1) Interior of the defensive line.  I really thought this would be the strength of the defense and it is simply not.  
Just saw this, Tomlinson only played 25 snaps

https://twitter.com/NickOlsonNFL/status/...0423592960

Dalvin Tomlinson and Michael Pierce started at defensive tackle, but it was Sheldon Richardson who played the most snaps there at 26. Tomlinson played 25 and Pierce played 21.

Dalvin Tomlinson and Michael Pierce started at defensive tackle, but it was Sheldon Richardson who played the most snaps there at 26. Tomlinson played 25 and Pierce played 21.
I would imagine Sheldon got so many snaps, since he was rotating in at both DT positions and they were playing with a lead in the second half forcing Seattle to pass more. Who else had snaps at DT on Sunday?

Quote: @"Tyr" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:
I would imagine Sheldon got so many snaps, since he was rotating in at both DT positions and they were playing with a lead in the second half forcing Seattle to pass more. Who else had snaps at DT on Sunday?
  • DT Armon Watts: 8
I am guessing Griffen moved inside on a number of snaps also.

Both Tomlinson and Pierce got a game ball, so someone thought they played well.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
Both Tomlinson and Pierce got a game ball, so someone thought they played well.
I understand Dozier got one too.   Wink

I think that's what the Vikings want to try to achieve. They have three starting-caliber DTs. Rotate them evenly, keep them all fresh. Same with the end opposite Hunter. 

Was it just me or did it seem like the refs had some questionable spots during the game.  Several times I thought easy first down including one Mattison run in the third where he clearly got past the yd sticks by a yd and a half+ and ref says third and short.  granted we converted but I'm like wtf