Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soooo....Is it time to shut up about Kirk?
Really happy to see Aquaman step up and Osborn get some opportunities. 

Probably best game I have seen him play as a Viking.  Not sure why it took 3 years for them to call the majority plays as short drop quick hitters and rollouts.  He just does not have the mobility and feel for the pocket for the deep drops.  Hope they keep this kind of game plan for him and do not go back to the traditional drops.  We all know he has the potential to play this way that is why it is so frustrating when he doesn't.  This game does not suddenly makes him an elite QB, but hopefully they can build on this.  

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Did the covid rules change or did Kirk quietly go get his shots?  No mask on the sidelines today and he was out talking to other players after the game without a mask as well.
I noticed he wears his helmet on the sideline most of the time. I'm wondering if you wear a helmet you don't have to wear a mask?

Quote: @Evilleviking93 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Did the covid rules change or did Kirk quietly go get his shots?  No mask on the sidelines today and he was out talking to other players after the game without a mask as well.
I noticed he wears his helmet on the sideline most of the time. I'm wondering if you wear a helmet you don't have to wear a mask?
I had the same thought,   but unvaccinated aren't supposed to take part in post game shit like shaking hands with the opponents and stuff and he was out there today. 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
not even close. he’s playing very well, but to be great means he has to do transcendent stuff. If he wins a couple games for us by making great clutch plays, ill start to believe. 

For now he is still a top 10-15 QB and having a very good year so far. He didnt make clutch great plays in our 2 losses, but to be fair, the defense and head coaching did not help much. 
It could be mentioned that the "clutch plays" that ended up deciding both games happened when the ball was specifically not given to him.

Today, he made clutch 3rd down conversions pretty well, and added 3 TDs with no picks...in fact, he added to his position as the QB who's gone longest without a pick.

8 TDs, over 900 yards, in a run-heavy offense.  None of that is opinion.

We couldn’t afford to go 0-3  with Cleveland coming up next. It was basically a must win game. Cousins mad clutch throws and won a must win game. Yeah, let’s put away the “ can’t win the big ones” at least for a while.

Quote: @Zanary said:
@Bullazin said:
not even close. he’s playing very well, but to be great means he has to do transcendent stuff. If he wins a couple games for us by making great clutch plays, ill start to believe. 

For now he is still a top 10-15 QB and having a very good year so far. He didnt make clutch great plays in our 2 losses, but to be fair, the defense and head coaching did not help much. 
It could be mentioned that the "clutch plays" that ended up deciding both games happened when the ball was specifically not given to him.

Today, he made clutch 3rd down conversions pretty well, and added 3 TDs with no picks...in fact, he added to his position as the QB who's gone longest without a pick.

8 TDs, over 900 yards, in a run-heavy offense.  None of that is opinion.
5 GW drives in 3+ years. 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
And just as you start believing, the Vikes become the Vikes.  :p That's how it works. Maybe not this year???