Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stafford is in the right organization now/Vikings thoughts
Dont think they had a shot @ Fields...

Vikings might very much regret not staying put and drafting Mac Jones though. My take on him could have been very wrong coming from the factory in Bama. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

Vikings might very much regret not staying put and drafting Mac Jones though. My take on him could have been very wrong coming from the factory in Bama. 
Could have moved to 10 like the Bears did.  

Quote: @minny65 said:
@purplefaithful said:

Could have moved to 10 like the Bears did.  
I dont think the Vikings had the draft capital this season. Not on an absolute basis or vs what a team like the Bears could offer. 

Bears have gone since McMahon without a QB - and some could argue even longer. 

Stars may have finally aligned for that franchise after suffering through Cutler and Trubisky and all the others since Luckman. 

Quote: @minny65 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
I watched a good chunk of that Rams/Bears game...

Outside of the drooling over Fields it was pretty entertaining for a while. 

Rams/Bucs certainly look like the class of the NFC 

KC and the Vikings are what they are - probably a little over avg when the dust all settles.
we are back to where we were after the tice era,  good enough to keep the fans attention, but not good enough to go anywhere,  stuck drafting in the mid to upper teens and never getting/taking a real shot at a QB that might be able to change the future.  
Agree and the reason I wanted us to look extremely hard for a first round QB this past draft - a potential franchise QB just doesn't appear the season you think you need one.  This was the most loaded first round talent QB draft since the Marino draft.  Then you add that we are picking at 14 which is a lot higher for us then usual.  Oh well, we could have moved up for Fields or Jones.  I think the Bears may have finally found a franchise QB in Fields. We will see and judge in 3 or 4 years but I think Fields will be starting this year and probably getting the Bears to the playoffs while we continue to flounder and stick with milktoast weirdo Kirk
they should have accepted what most the fans saw last year and phoned in the season at the trade deadline and maybe got something in return for their salary cap casualties,  drafting in the middle of the pack does nothing for me.  if we arent in contention for a lombardi,  I want to see them make some moves that puts them in position to fix the team for real and not trying to do it through FA QBs.  Mond may or  may not be the solution,  but its pretty apparent that we need to be ready to move off of Cousins sooner than later so with that said we need to be looking at drafting a QB early again in 22.

KC and the Vikings are what they are - probably a little over avg when the dust all settles.
I think it's too early to make that kind of declarative statement. The team will likely come together and play much better. Hopefully it won't take until the bye week this year. 

I remember last season, week 1, Tampa played a mistake-filled game in New Orleans. Old man Brady threw a couple of picks and everyone said he was done (again). That he was nothing without Bill. A few months later they won the Super Bowl. Week one is just a bad gauge to use on the whole season.  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

I think it's too early to make that kind of declarative statement. The team will likely come together and play much better. Hopefully it won't take until the bye week this year. 

I remember last season, week 1, Tampa played a mistake-filled game in New Orleans. Old man Brady threw a couple of picks and everyone said he was done (again). That he was nothing without Bill. A few months later they won the Super Bowl. Week one is just a bad gauge to use on the whole season.  

Outside of the Packer angst I sniff wafting in from the east today, I also smell an avg Vikings team. One that'll look good one week, not so good the next.

I hope you're right and I am wrong. I do root for my team to do well lol! 

Mac Jones would likely bust playing behind the Vikings O-line. Vikings seem incapable of producing a competent O-line so they better find a mobile QB. Counting on Mond would be wishful thinking. I think they need to start acquiring draft capitol if this season goes sideways, so they can move up for a top prospect for a change.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

The only thing week 1 is good for is gauging how emotionally secure the fans are.  The most vocal will be those that found what they were looking for.

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

The only thing week 1 is good for is gauging how emotionally secure the fans are.  The most vocal will be those that found what they were looking for.
Truer words....

Mac Jones is cool, calm and will limit mistakes: but his ball is going to take awhile to get to its target. CBs can break on this throws.