Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ugh - KC/MIN
Quote: @"mblack" said:
When do we actually come to terms that the offense is lackluster and discuss the possibility that Klint's offense may need some help?
This is just hard to watch
I mean this is his first time calling plays so I expect it to be up and down. It also depends on how much freedom he is going to have. It's a work in progress. 

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"mblack" said:
When do we actually come to terms that the offense is lackluster and discuss the possibility that Klint's offense may need some help?
I mean this is his first time calling plays so I expect it to be up and down. It also depends on how much freedom he is going to have. It's a work in progress. 
I agree with all you mentioned. My comment was more to those who says "its just preseason". I am not saying they are wrong I am saying all the teams we played have scored, played some good defense too. The Vikings on the other hand have been terrible on offense and inconsistent on defense. Yes its preseason but the trend is not good. I am not saying we need to win the preseason games. All I am asking is some consistency on defense and some life on offense.
We surely can't use the first year OC as reason for poor offense. I have confidence in the OC because I don't think he gets the role if he can't do the job. 

Remember when Zim fired Norv a few games in? Good times....Gooood times...

Quote: @"mgobluevikes" said:
Remember when Zim fired Norv a few games in? Good times....Gooood times...
He already called out Klint for too many runs and no deep balls. Oh and Klint was sent upstairs tonite so he can see better and not get distracted  Smile

@"Vikergirl" said:
@"mblack" said:
I agree with all you mentioned. My comment was more to those who says "its just preseason". I am not saying they are wrong I am saying all the teams we played have scored, played some good defense too. The Vikings on the other hand have been terrible on offense and inconsistent on defense. Yes its preseason but the trend is not good. I am not saying we need to win the preseason games. All I am asking is some consistency on defense and some life on offense.
We surely can't use the first year OC as reason for poor offense. I have confidence in the OC because I don't think he gets the role if he can't do the job. 
I hear you and I am right there with you. The revolving door of offensive coordinators has been an issue as well as the offensive philosophy. It's going to be up and down and then there is still the OL issues. The trend is definitely not good.

@"mblack" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"mblack" said:
I hear you and I am right there with you. The revolving door of offensive coordinators has been an issue as well as the offensive philosophy. It's going to be up and down and then there is still the OL issues. The trend is definitely not good.
Yup. I am not sure this game gives confidence on offense. Cousins has been anything but reassuring (i get the fact that key players were missing) then there is the back up QB issue. I know you don't build a team based on backup QB but again it's another troubling issue. 
Let's not even talk about the OL.
All we are riding on right now is that our defense will be better. 
In as much as its frustrating, I am hanging on the fact that it's preseason and telling myself it will get better. We have two weeks. I hope that's enough to get some of these issues squared away.

Found the keg, how’s the game going?

@"mblack" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"mblack" said:

To this point...
Mond leads the team down the field. First and goal at the 2.
Run stuffed.Run stuffed.Fade incomplete.Run stuffed.
Turnover.
Yes, this is starting to feel familiar.
Mond does have some potential though! Neither of the INTs were egregious and might not have even been his fault. And he's had some nice completions. Hate the call to take the ball out of his hands on the goal line but his roster spot is safe so I guess it makes some sense to see what our backup OL can do. Unfortunately the answer there was not much.

@"Vikergirl" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"mblack" said:
Yup. I am not sure this game gives confidence on offense. Cousins has been anything but reassuring (i get the fact that key players were missing) then there is the back up QB issue. I know you don't build a team based on backup QB but again it's another troubling issue. 
Let's not even talk about the OL.
All we are riding on right now is that our defense will be better. 
In as much as its frustrating, I am hanging on the fact that it's preseason and telling myself it will get better. We have two weeks. I hope that's enough to get some of these issues squared away.

They need to think beyond Cook, Thielen and Jefferson. Obviously they are the keys to the offense but you have to have a plan in addition to them. Depth and creative play calling is needed. They need to spread the wealth. Yeah the defense needs to be better but so does the offense. I think it's going to be a slow start.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"mblack" said:

To this point...
Mond leads the team down the field. First and goal at the 2.
Run stuffed.Run stuffed.Fade incomplete.Run stuffed.
Turnover.
Yes, this is starting to feel familiar.
Mond does have some potential though! Neither of the INTs were egregious and might not have even been his fault. And he's had some nice completions. Hate the call to take the ball out of his hands on the goal line but his roster spot is safe so I guess it makes some sense to see what our backup OL can do. Unfortunately the answer there was not much.
Okay, flash the lights when shit happens, we’ll check it out, but the keg’ is kinda fun.