Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone still holding-out for Darrisaw to start wk 1?
As the self-proclaimed biggest advocate for drafting Darrisaw there is no way he starts the season at this point.  I'm worried that he will be up to speed by mid-season.  I am very bummed about Darrisaw and his injury.  He started as a freshmen and played last season so he has a ton of experience and not many missed games in college.  This core injury was known pre-draft but was medically cleared by numerous consulting physicians.  The fact that it lingered and needed a post surgery clean up is a big surprise and bummer. 

When/if he gets back to 100% I think he might be the best LT of the draft - he has the prototypical arm length that Sewell and Slater do not.   

Without Darrisaw and Davis (who I thought would be a legit starter threat this year) showing much I am obviously still very concerned about our subpar OL.  Hopefully Udoh solidifies the other Guard position but our interior (as a whole) was a huge weakness for this team and maybe the weakest.  That's was with a very good year from Reiff at LT so we now have that hole to fill as well.

I am starting to get a Shariff Floyd vibe with Darrisaw.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
You take that jinx back right now Smile

Quote: @minny65 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
You take that jinx back right now Smile
Gladly would if he shows even the slightest chance of getting healthy.

That’s strange, I was thinking the same thing about Barr…  Confused 

Funny. My thought was Chad Greenway. If I remember right, he had injury concerns when drafted. Got hurt his rookie season, then went on to be an All Pro linebacker. 

My guess is the follow up was hernia surgery. If he doesn’t get hurt again, maybe he starts by October.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Funny. My thought was Chad Greenway. If I remember right, he had injury concerns when drafted. Got hurt his rookie season, then went on to be an All Pro linebacker. 
No injury concerns,  but his knee got grenaded his rookie year preseason on a kickoff and he missed the year,  but he didn't come in with a question mark that lingered for 6 months after he was cleared and drafted.