Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is the President?
why wasnt the UN involved regardless of who is president?  trump should have had them involved with the US exit as part of the agreement,  and Bidens admin should have known to get them involved prior to taking whatever actions he did.

the question now for me... why, now that the world is aware of whats going on isnt there a massive coalition humanitarian response to whats taking place over there?  I would think that with the number of rapid deployment forces in the world,  especially that part of the world, that more could be being done to put the taliban back on there heels and slow this aggression and slaughtering of innocents.

meanwhile... Twitter,  the people that control what is good for the world to hear and what should be censored,  has done nothing with the taliban leaders twitter accounts,  but yet alleged calls for violence by trump got him banned.... makes perfect sense.... the fucking world/times we live in  : Confused

Quote: @StickyBun said:
https://theweek.com/afghanistan-war/1003...t-with-the
Again, I think most understood it was time to get out.  The Peace Agreement was a start to make that happen.  The Taliban had already broken some of their promises...and thus the delay in implementation.  I'm guessing the GOP took down the reference...because they wrote the beginning of the book of the peace agreement...but didn't write the end.  Biden's Generals pleaded for him to maintain a small military (2000) presence as a deterrent and to use air power to slow down the Taliban until we were long gone from the Country including removing and / or destroying weapons, intelligence and airlifting those that helped the US to fight the Taliban.  Biden did none of it.  This mess at the Consulate and the Kabul airport are all his making.  The US and all its assets should have been long gone before the Taliban made any advances.

We're arguing about blaming Trump or Biden...Instead of the man who started a 20 year war;

[Image: LPT-L-SPEAKERS-0727-16x9-1.jpg?w=1014&h=569]

I don't have any issue with attacking Afghanistan after 9/11nor should many.  We never should have got in the business of nation building...and that was Bush's (jr) fault in both Afghanistan and Iraq.  His dad stayed on mission and attacked and overpowered Iraq after building a coalition...and than going home when the original mission was complete.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1...64/photo/1
well either the process was fucked from the beginning and was indeed to tough to stop,  or Biden fucked it up by changing the process, either way Biden has been in control for the past 6 months and the end result is his to own and its fucked up badly.  regardless of what was written, as soon as the taliban started their offensive the US should have reacted instead of running.   the fact that the biden administration is allowing this to take place in the immediate void of the US's departure sends a message to every other terrorist organization in the world in regards to how the Biden administration will react.

maybe it would have gone to shit anyway,  and honestly I doubt there was ever going to be a smooth exit regardless of who was in office,  but this sounds like a complete clusterphuck.

I don't have a 'side' in this because I don't like Biden's policies, but this was always set up to fail. Always, no matter who was President. So the OP who calls out 'Where is the President'? is really being silly. Its a shitshow regardless.