Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, At Least He Has A Hot Girlfriend And 1 Good Eye
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Ohhhhh that was so good. I miss them both.

8 eye surgeries and sleeping on a table with a hole for his face. He deserves a good break.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Pretty good bet Zimmer's series of unfortunate events started only when his polos turned purple. Cuz I can make a list like that that stretches from today all the way back to the early 70s.

On a related note, Vikings really need to come up with a name for this. The Red Sox had the Curse of the Bambino. We really need to dig into what might have happened in the early 70s that caused the gods to hate the Minnesota Vikings. 
They already have a name. It's called the Hershel Walker trade!

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Pretty good bet Zimmer's series of unfortunate events started only when his polos turned purple. Cuz I can make a list like that that stretches from today all the way back to the early 70s.

On a related note, Vikings really need to come up with a name for this. The Red Sox had the Curse of the Bambino. We really need to dig into what might have happened in the early 70s that caused the gods to hate the Minnesota Vikings. 
Someone threw a whiskey bottle from the stands & struck a ref in the head after the Drew Pearson pushoff?

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
@MaroonBells said:

Someone threw a whiskey bottle from the stands & struck a ref in the head after the Drew Pearson pushoff?
there it is... the curse of the wild turkey

@MaroonBells said:

Armen Terzian (the ref) was his name, don’t ask me how I remember ‘cause I don’t know… 

@MaroonBells said:

He was impaired and still hit a ref on a dead run, from somewhere back in the bleachers, right in the head. Now why the hell didn't they make him the QB?

Interesting that someone finally ran an article about the history with Lamar Hunt.  I learned all that stuff 20 years ago and have been putting it out there on message boards ever since.  It's the one "curse" that I think might be real...if you believe in that sort of thing.

Quote: @comet52 said:
Interesting that someone finally ran an article about the history with Lamar Hunt.  I learned all that stuff 20 years ago and have been putting it out there on message boards ever since.  It's the one "curse" that I think might be real...if you believe in that sort of thing.
I'm surprised its not more widely know tbh...

I really thought having Favre here was going to break that bad-boy wide open.

But GB fans warned me he'd break my heart instead, and he did. 

IF it didnt happen with Bert here? I'm not sure it'll happen during my lifetime. 

Zimmer is the perfect coach to fit in with this franchise history.