Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MMQB: What Zimmer Wants From F.M. Cousins
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@purplefaithful said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Team will never be first with this guy. I'm done. There's about 5 QBs next year that will be worthy of a first. Cousins can move to Branson to perform in musicals. Fuck him.
I'm disappointed with him as leader of this team and frustrated too. Add Thielen and Smith to the list.  

Cousins is just one of millions I'm sick and tired of. People keeping this country mired in F'ing COVID. 

[Image: sack8_1_21color.jpg]
Amen, brother. I'm just completely fed up with this bull shit. Maybe a PSA running hourly of someone being intubated will drive the message home for some. 
Agree. Businesses spend billions on clever marketing campaigns to get Americans to purchase thousands of products they don't need. It shouldn't be necessary for a FREE, life-saving vaccine, but the government should enlist an ad agency to help get more people vaccinated. Right now, the anti-vax crowd is getting its information from dubious sources: either the media they don't trust, or politicians, whom they trust even less. Put together a campaign--a series of compelling ads with facts and consequences. Put Trump in it if you have to. Put Bush in it, an evangelical, Tom Hanks--hell, put a puppy, monkey and a baby in it for all I care, but what we're doing now is not working. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@purplefaithful said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Team will never be first with this guy. I'm done. There's about 5 QBs next year that will be worthy of a first. Cousins can move to Branson to perform in musicals. Fuck him.
I'm disappointed with him as leader of this team and frustrated too. Add Thielen and Smith to the list.  

Cousins is just one of millions I'm sick and tired of. People keeping this country mired in F'ing COVID. 

Amen, brother. I'm just completely fed up with this bull shit. Maybe a PSA running hourly of someone being intubated will drive the message home for some. 
Agree. Businesses spend billions on clever marketing campaigns to get Americans to purchase thousands of products they don't need. It shouldn't be necessary for a FREE, life-saving vaccine, but the government should enlist an ad agency to help get more people vaccinated. Right now, the anti-vax crowd is getting its information from dubious sources: either the media they don't trust, or politicians, whom they trust even less. Put together a campaign--a series of compelling ads with facts and consequences. Put Trump in it if you have to. Put Bush in it, an evangelical, Tom Hanks--hell, put a puppy, monkey and a baby in it for all I care, but what we're doing now is not working. 
you mean the name calling, belittling, demeaning blathering isnt winning hearts and minds of your opposition?   who the fuck could have seen that coming? :3

There may be some where a PSA might change some thinking, but I don't think that's a high % among those that haven't yet.

Pay em a $100?? I dont think that will do much either.

Only thing that'll work? Mandates and/or a variant with an extremely high fatality rate. In other words, they need to be scared to death of it or die from it. 

That sounds ridiculously callous, but I believe it to be gospel truth. 

This shows piss poor leadership on his part. He gets paid regardless. This is it for him. No more extensions, no more excuses. Put up or shut up. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@purplefaithful said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

you mean the name calling, belittling, demeaning blathering isnt winning hearts and minds of your opposition?   who the fuck could have seen that coming? :3
First we tried facts. But the opposition has proven too "stubborn" to hear them, so the anger is understandable. But yes, leadership needs to change course.

Data show that one of most effective campaign ads in North Carolina in 2007 was the one enlisting Andy Griffith and Ron Howard of Mayberry to endorse Barack Obama. I even had a self-proclaimed "right wing nut" tell me that this ad was the most effective he'd ever seen. 

This goes to my previous point about Trump being an imbecile who responds only to loyalty and positive reinforcement--he needs to be praised like you would a 2-year-old who goes poopy on the potty for the first time. Anti-vaxxers are like that. They should be marketed to on that level. 

Every single day, sometimes twice a day, I read a story like this. How many will it take? 

“My 42 yo cousin didn’t believe in the vaccine. Now she and her husband are in the ICU on vents fighting for their lives with this delta variant while their 4 children are at home,” Rodriguez’ cousin Dottie Jones said. “We’ve been told they are very, very, very, very sick is what the doctor told us,” Jones said. “And if they do survive, it’s going to be a long, long road.”

“One of the last things Lydia said before being intubated was to make sure her kids get vaccinated”

Jones is asking for prayers, words of encouragement, any and all help that friends can spare for her cousin and family. She’s taken in their kids for the time being, Jones said, and on top of the emotional toll, the household and medical bills are “becoming overwhelming.”

But this all could have been avoided, Jones said.

I work in the Health Care field...GET VACCINATED 

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
Sounds like pandering for BIG VAXX to me Smile

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
My fiancée works in the health care field and sees adverse reactions to the vaccine every day.  My best buddy has a doctorate in clinical research for the drug and the RNA methodology is experimental in nature at best .  My fiancée's close friend's relative  is on the team responsible for creation of the vaccines and said for healthy individuals under the age of 50, the benefits are a coin flip at best.   New generation drugs are much safer and will be much more effective, and likely to be available as soon as next year.  Safer on a magnitude of 100:1.  Adverse effects of these drugs that are currently known would have stopped the tests and put them back into trials at this point.  The govt. is NOT fully distributing information detrimental to their cause. The govt is fact checking facebook.  Normal people with brains might start to question what the hell is going on here.  I love when people who are totally ignorant start to believe their one size fits all point of views should be adopted by society.  All that has happened is that one side of a shiny coin has been shown to a scared public, and those that live in fear so want it to be true that they now know it all.  Congrats on that.  

^^^^^^^^

That reminds me of the guy in this recent story.

‘I should have gotten the damn vaccine’: Father of 5 dies of COVID at age 39 (mysuncoast.com)

Relevant quote: “We wanted to wait just one year from the release to see what effects people had, but there was never any intention to not get it,” she said.