Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why would anyone doubt
Quote: @greediron said:
https://nypost.com/2021/07/21/jj-forecas...this-year/

Pharmaceutical giant Johnson & Johnson revealed Wednesday that it expects to take home about $2.5 billion from COVID-19 vaccine sales in 2021, far lower than estimates from its jab rivals Moderna and Pfizer.
Pfizer and Moderna have previously forecast $26 billion and $19.2 billion in annual sales of their vaccines, respectively. 
Wait what?  Youre mad the .gov paid for vaccines?  Hell every vaccine out there should be free. We’ve list some 700k people to covid. I think that calls for dramatic steps. 

But lets use your numbers. We dont have an astrazenica number in it yet, and its likley gone up some.  Lets guesstimate theres been $50B in revenue for the vaccines worldwide. Theres been right around 4B shots given. That comes out to $12.50/shot in revenue. Lord only knows what the cost to produce it was?

$12.50 a pop doesnt sound terrible in my book. 

@BigAl99 said:
@greediron said:
@BigAl99 said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
Wait...are we supposed to be surprised, shocked, horrified that companies who researched, developed and distributed vaccines for a once-in-a-century global pandemic made a lot of money?

Or is this just more tinfoil stuff? 
Aren't they giving the shot away for free?

And aren't we supposed to despise huge corporations, corruption, in bed with gov't?

I am so confused, didn't you used to be liberal?

No they are not giving it away free, my government purchased it for the general welfare of the people.  Article 1, Section 8, Clause 1of the Constituion, not even an amendment, I thought conservatives really take pride in knowing those things.  Or it may be only the parts that suit your needs at the time that are relevant, you think?

https://tenthamendmentcenter.com/general...re-clause/

So if the gov't purchased it with our tax dollars for our benefit, yah think $50 billion in sales was a great deal for us?  yah I know it wasn't their only sales, but since the same government pushed lockdowns that put small businesses out of business, you think they could have negotiated a bit better deal?

And we should believe all this research was done for this once-in-a-century disease?  Or do you just swallow whatever this benevolent gov't shovels?  Oh wait, didn't Trump push this vaccine ramp up while Joe and Kam questioned it?

Free market dude, the US paid a premium to reach herd immunity get ahead of the rest of the world, and we crapped the bed. Now look who's taking the victim posture and whining about the lack of fair profits.   The rest of the gibberish has nothing to do with the price of vaccine in covid.

Sometimes I wonder how people can support Biden. But in your case you seem to be reading from the same teleprompter.
Correct me if I’m wrong but didnt Trump sign off on operation warp speed?

Almost everything that happened good and bad with covid was put together by the Trump administration. 

I fail to see how much of any of this falls negativley on Biden?

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@greediron said:
@BigAl99 said:
@greediron said:
@BigAl99 said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
Wait...are we supposed to be surprised, shocked, horrified that companies who researched, developed and distributed vaccines for a once-in-a-century global pandemic made a lot of money?

And aren't we supposed to despise huge corporations, corruption, in bed with gov't?

No they are not giving it away free, my government purchased it for the general welfare of the people.  Article 1, Section 8, Clause 1of the Constituion, not even an amendment, I thought conservatives really take pride in knowing those things.  Or it may be only the parts that suit your needs at the time that are relevant, you think?

So if the gov't purchased it with our tax dollars for our benefit, yah think $50 billion in sales was a great deal for us?  yah I know it wasn't their only sales, but since the same government pushed lockdowns that put small businesses out of business, you think they could have negotiated a bit better deal?

And we should believe all this research was done for this once-in-a-century disease?  Or do you just swallow whatever this benevolent gov't shovels?  Oh wait, didn't Trump push this vaccine ramp up while Joe and Kam questioned it?

Free market dude, the US paid a premium to reach herd immunity get ahead of the rest of the world, and we crapped the bed. Now look who's taking the victim posture and whining about the lack of fair profits.   The rest of the gibberish has nothing to do with the price of vaccine in covid.

Sometimes I wonder how people can support Biden. But in your case you seem to be reading from the same teleprompter.

Almost everything that happened good and bad with covid was put together by the Trump administration. 

Glad you are following along.  Yes Trump pushed the vaccine.  I think in his ego, he saw it was something the libs couldn't criticize him for, yet Joe and Kamala did.  Until after they were in office, then they took credit.

So not sure what your point was, but Biden has been a bit hypocritical on the push for warp speed.

@greediron said:

Pharmaceutical giant Johnson & Johnson revealed Wednesday that it expects to take home about $2.5 billion from COVID-19 vaccine sales in 2021, far lower than estimates from its jab rivals Moderna and Pfizer.
Pfizer and Moderna have previously forecast $26 billion and $19.2 billion in annual sales of their vaccines, respectively. 
Wait what?  Youre mad the .gov paid for vaccines?  Hell every vaccine out there should be free. We’ve list some 700k people to covid. I think that calls for dramatic steps. 

But lets use your numbers. We dont have an astrazenica number in it yet, and its likley gone up some.  Lets guesstimate theres been $50B in revenue for the vaccines worldwide. Theres been right around 4B shots given. That comes out to $12.50/shot in revenue. Lord only knows what the cost to produce it was?

Yes I am.  Thought you were somewhat libertarian.  Guess not.

@AGRforever said:
@greediron said:

We're in the biggest public health crisis since Polio.(not counting HIV)  From a 100% libertarian mindset we should have all either each created our own vaccine or paid the lowest bidder.
You and I both know that had we gone the route of paying the lowest bidder or making our own that we wouldn't have anywhere near the number in this country vaccinated and we most certainly wouldn't have gotten it done as fast as we did.  Look at countries like Japan who while very much a country that should have had their shit together with Covid vaccines yet they do not.
There are absolutely times where some government is ok.  Public health is one of them.  Unfortunately this nation is full of to damn many people who believe youtube videos of Karen from Kansas over people who's entire career were spent studying viruses/epidemiology/virology.  The vaccine has been showed to provide defense over getting the virus and most certainly has been shown to provide better outcomes from those who do get the virus through breakthrough variants.  The worst part is the unvacinated are giving time for Covid to mutate again.  If it jumps entirely past our current vaccines we're right back to where we were 19 months ago. 

I really honestly don't understand why some people are so pigheaded in this country?  Most of the world envies our ability to walk to Walgreens and get the vaccine. 

Quit being a baby and get the damn shot.

@AGRforever said:
@greediron said:
@BigAl99 said:
@greediron said:
@BigAl99 said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:

Glad you are following along.  Yes Trump pushed the vaccine.  I think in his ego, he saw it was something the libs couldn't criticize him for, yet Joe and Kamala did.  Until after they were in office, then they took credit.

So not sure what your point was, but Biden has been a bit hypocritical on the push for warp speed.

I'm not following?
Trump pushed the vaccine:  Good or Bad?Trump has and ego:  Good or Bad?Biden criticized the vaccine rollout prior to potus:  Good or Bad?Biden praised the vaccine rollout as potus:  Good or Bad?

@greediron said:
@AGRforever said:
@greediron said:

We're in the biggest public health crisis since Polio.(not counting HIV)  From a 100% libertarian mindset we should have all either each created our own vaccine or paid the lowest bidder.
You and I both know that had we gone the route of paying the lowest bidder or making our own that we wouldn't have anywhere near the number in this country vaccinated and we most certainly wouldn't have gotten it done as fast as we did.  Look at countries like Japan who while very much a country that should have had their shit together with Covid vaccines yet they do not.
There are absolutely times where some government is ok.  Public health is one of them.  Unfortunately this nation is full of to damn many people who believe youtube videos of Karen from Kansas over people who's entire career were spent studying viruses/epidemiology/virology.  The vaccine has been showed to provide defense over getting the virus and most certainly has been shown to provide better outcomes from those who do get the virus through breakthrough variants.  The worst part is the unvacinated are giving time for Covid to mutate again.  If it jumps entirely past our current vaccines we're right back to where we were 19 months ago. 

I really honestly don't understand why some people are so pigheaded in this country?  Most of the world envies our ability to walk to Walgreens and get the vaccine. 

Quit being a liberal and demanding follow your choice.

And turn off the TV, your talking points are showing.

"I can handle you being scared. I can handle you being brainwashed. I can even handle you being stupid, but what I can't handle is you trying to shame me into being like you." - Unknown

Wait a minute...

I thought we all valued and applause capitalism?

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Wait a minute...

I thought we all valued and applause capitalism?
gov't corporatism isn't capitalism

Thought you were liberal and knew that.