Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Would this bug you or delight you?
There are a lot of trees around it. Unless there is a HOA, then the individual should be able to do this. 

Freedom.  I wouldn't really want to live next to that, but then I wouldn't buy in that neighborhood.  If they built after I was there, oh well.  It isn't ugly, but wouldn't really want the attention, traffic and such.

The huge power line running through the neighborhood would probably be something I would dislike more than that house.

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
Is she somehow polluting the environment?  Because if its just an eyesore (in the eye of the beholder) the residents and lical government need to get a life. Its none of their damn buisness what she does or how she decorates her yard. 
however... if you had a 2 million dollar home and she did that next to your house and suddenly your relator says your house is devalued by 20% since nobody wants to live next door to a theme park,  IMO its suddenly your business isnt it?

thats how I feel about the wind towers anyway... I dont like people telling me what I can and cant do on my land,  but I can understand if what I do on my land affects them financially or affects their health. 

however all these fuckers trying to move out into ag country and then bitch about smelling cow or pig shit... well they can all eat shit or move back to the city they left.  ( commercial feedlots/confinements are a different matter) 

Anyone been to the real "Flinstones Bedrock"  (some dirtpatch, Arizona)

[Image: sign.jpg?w=1200&h=-1&s=1]

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_R...izona.html

I wouldn't move into to the neighborhood if it was there when looking.  Can't say I would be pleased if my neighbor did something like that, my current situation, is kinda similar.  Previous neighbor had nice gardens, trees, new folk move in, cut down the trees, remove the gardens, paint the house white and bricks gray, install concrete sculptures, looks like a friggen mini golf course for the color blind.  But nice folk and to each their own.

[Image: 6ehqgeblzvk9.gif]

Looks good from my house

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
Is she somehow polluting the environment?  Because if its just an eyesore (in the eye of the beholder) the residents and lical government need to get a life. Its none of their damn buisness what she does or how she decorates her yard. 
however... if you had a 2 million dollar home and she did that next to your house and suddenly your relator says your house is devalued by 20% since nobody wants to live next door to a theme park,  IMO its suddenly your business isnt it?

thats how I feel about the wind towers anyway... I dont like people telling me what I can and cant do on my land,  but I can understand if what I do on my land affects them financially or affects their health. 

however all these fuckers trying to move out into ag country and then bitch about smelling cow or pig shit... well they can all eat shit or move back to the city they left.  ( commercial feedlots/confinements are a different matter) 

Gotta disagree.  Your claim to property ends at your property line.  Unless of course there is some sort of pre-disclosed HOA or similar and as long as the neighboring property isn't doing something like polluting the water supply you really have no claim in my book.  If you did own that house next door you could build a fence or plant some trees. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:

Gotta disagree.  Your claim to property ends at your property line.  Unless of course there is some sort of pre-disclosed HOA or similar and as long as the neighboring property isn't doing something like polluting the water supply you really have no claim in my book.  If you did own that house next door you could build a fence or plant some trees. 
Not in organized counties and cities,   there are zoning laws and building codes established to protect existing property owners from seeing their investments ruined by shitty neighbors.  Hell local planning and zoning boards will often implement building material and color limitations for certain types of structures to keep from devaluing areas.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:

Not in organized counties and cities,   there are zoning laws and building codes established to protect existing property owners from seeing their investments ruined by shitty neighbors.  Hell local planning and zoning boards will often implement building material and color limitations for certain types of structures to keep from devaluing areas.
Hell, I had to start putting my lawn clippings container on the side of the house instead of the front. But I also live under the tyranny of an HOA.