Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting OL
Quote: @PSBLAKE said:
good clean house of dead weight and move on. that is how the Pats do it too.  
Agreed. I think sometimes they hang on to some guys too long. I understand giving the benefit of the doubt or time to develop but sometimes you just gotta let go.

what says "I don't know.... wing it" like going thru preseason and coming out without having your O line play a single snap as a unit?

Hope for the best but I'm guessing the first 5 games or so we are going to hear - It takes time for them to gel.  

[Image: qyxatzdlncd8.jpg]
Come on Bradpool!  B) 

Quote: @Bezerker88 said:
what says "I don't know.... wing it" like going thru preseason and coming out without having your O line play a single snap as a unit?

Hope for the best but I'm guessing the first 5 games or so we are going to hear - It takes time for them to gel.  
It's going to be interesting to see how it plays out. Hopefully Sam will be able to stop seeing ghosts at some point.

Quote: @Bezerker88 said:

Yeah. I don't get that at all. I understand Zimmer is fearful of injuries on the OL after last season but come on. What's the point of Preseason if you don't play your starting unit one snap. Closest we had was against Seahawks. And personally it makes me want Hill at LT and Reiff at RT because it is overall the best OL unit IMHO.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@Bezerker88 said:

It's going to be interesting to see how it plays out. Hopefully Sam will be able to stop seeing ghosts at some point.
They weren't Ghosts he was seeing last year. They were giangantic defensive lineman coming nearly unblock towards him.

Boone had an NFL-level talk and swagger, and had a high school level talent.  Never played up to his own hype.  Easton works hard.  Elflein is the real deal.  Worried about a 35 year old Berger starting.

So... our 2 backup C are the starting G's, so if Elflein gets dinged we have to switch 2 positions on the line. Lovely.  I didn't think Boone was quite bad enough to get whacked, maybe they're interested in taking him back at a price cut? 

Quote: @RS Express said:
So... our 2 backup C are the starting G's, so if Elflein gets dinged we have to switch 2 positions on the line. Lovely.  I didn't think Boone was quite bad enough to get whacked, maybe they're interested in taking him back at a price cut? 
Word is Boone didn't want to take a price cut, which lead to his release.  He'll probably sign on with another team for a one year deal, since he's still getting 3 mil. from the Vikings anyways.

There are 3 centers on the team.  Berger can move to Center and Isidora move to RG if needed.

And I think Elflein is a center.  Top center in college FB would seem to say that too.